Reviews on Magtech Ammo pls

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had good luck with the common stuff in 45 and 9mm. Then I needed some match ammo quick for a small local match as I did not have any loaded but .32 S&W Long WC is not that common in smaller LGS. Anyway they had some Magtech .32 WC and it shot great.....

Benelli95_zps731bac0f.jpg

I then seen where the Magtech bullets were available to load. The only bullet I ever found better is Lapua and they cost a whole lot more. YMMV.

Magtech32BulletTgt-1_zpsff1f1a44.jpg

I've shot about 250 rounds lately. For some reason it's one of the first to be available (9 mm and 380) at a decent price. No problems to date.

I used to shoot a lot of Magtech .357 magnum 158 gr semi jacketed soft point, because that's all the local gun store carried. This was the nickel-cased variety. I thought it was medicore ammo at best. It was inconsistent; sometimes you would get a bang, other times a BOOM. It would also "spit" a lot, sending bullet shavings back at me when firing. I always felt stinging on my cheeks with this ammo, which never happened with other magnum loads.

Based on this experience I would use Magtech only if nothing else was available.

Magtech is better than standard fare in .357 magnum, the 125SJHP is excellent. In order to beat it with my handloads, I had to use premium components. Their component bullet is exceptional for the price.

Just over seven years ago when I bought my first SD gun, I was originally advised that I should only use American made, brand named, brass cased ammo. I must admit, that until this past week, I was doing an ammo inventory and insuring that I was rotating stock, did I realize that the off and on again stock of Magtech ammo I had was made in Brazil. Never had one problem with it in either my .380, 9mm or my seldom used 70 year old 1911A1 Colt. Needless to say, it will be one of the exceptions to the rule.

Everything I've heard about their hollow point ammo is that it rarely expands. I've never heard of "bad" ammo from them as far as over pressure or non firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back