remington mosin nagant

Inferior to maybe an m40 or win70. I think that legendary sniper would agree that given the opportunity, he'd rather have one of those.

Right... which are much later designs of a "sniper" rifle... just like I would much prefer a Cheytac or M24 or SR25 today.:confused:

As someone else stated we are talking about collectors items, not shipping off for war in the trenches.

But even still if it was early 1900's and we were in the trenches.. I would feel fine with a MN in my hands, they were designed for that, and worked for it, simple yet effective.

Having a personal bias against Russia does not make what they use or make inferior. I am pretty sure our NASA boys are appreciative of the space station they let us use No? Sounds like you've seen Red Dawn one too many times.... they are doing a remake... but I hear it will be the North Koreans this time who invade!:eek:

Remington did not produce an inferior firearm, they produced a fine rifle for who was at the time an ally of the U.S., they contributed to the collectabilty and history of the rifle.

True enough. The Remington rifles were of much higher standards of quality and craftsmanship than the native Russian products. Ironically , the Russian inspectors at the Remington factory tried to crawfish the deal by claiming the rifles were not up to quality standards agreed to.

http://mosinnagant.net/ussr/us-mosin-nagants.asp

Remington also made 8mm Lebel rifles for France. France was also our 'ally'!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
those sneaky Cossack sluts used was the mosin

Wow , this thread is so full of , , , misinformation , it's not even funny.

The original Cossacks , who were mostly Ukrainian and even Polish , fought on the side of the Czar , against the Bolsheviks (Communists).

Inferior to maybe an m40 or win70.

And how many of them were around in WWI or WWII?

Last edited:
I own a Remington built M91 (Rem never made a 91/30 BTW)... I have hundreds of rounds through it... It's a highly accurate rifle (<1.5" 5 shot groups at 100 yrds)... Function and fit and finish is excellent as is the nice piece of walnut furniture it has... I have never personally seen a Mosin as accurate as my example (including the Finnish M39)...

This rifle has shut the mouths of various non-believers in the Mosin Nagant... A good example was one of my uncles at my Grandfather's ranch in northern Wyoming.... He made a comment "bet you can't hit that target at 500 off the bench with that POS." Well I hit that 16" gong at 500 yards offhand... Shut him up for several days with that stunt...

Last edited:
Back