Remington 770 vs. Savage (non-accu trigger) both are package deals

I have the 770 in .300WM, it was rough when I got it at first, changed out the cheap package scope:barf:, polished the bolt so the action smoothed out, replaced the recoil pad with a limbsaver, it's better now. Groups are pretty decent out of the box with off the shelf core-lokt ammo (1.1-1.3), enough for my hunting needs.

Although I wouldn't buy another one by choice if looking in that price range, I'd look at a Marlin or a T/C Venture for an affordable economy rifle package.

I am glad I got rid of that Rem 700 acutally I didn't purchase it I paid for it but didn't take order of it and got refund and got Baretta Tikka 3 instead.:D

:D ok...hang in there with me...but it isn't Camaro it's Z/28 or even better Pontiac Trans-Am or the Ultimate Corvette.:D

Last edited:
Stinger 427

Definetly Savage. Please consider the Model 10 in .308 or 7-08. The shorter action helps take the play out of the bolt. I've shot the Tika and CZ and don't care for either. I only recommend guns that I own and shoot regularly. I don't like either the CZ or Tika because the bolt spacing is uncomfortable to me. I prefer to buy American!

From your original post and starting at the price range suggested for accuracy and dependability I reccomend the following:
- Savage/Stevens 200 in .308
- Savage 10 in .308 or 7-08
- Remington 700 ADL (the older model that includes open sights) in either
.243, 7-08, or .308. Academy Outdoors still has a few of the old one in stock.

I've got at least 3 of each in various calibers and they are sub MOA out of the box. Just my input.

I have a Remington 770 and have never had a problem with it great accuracy dead on with 7mm mag 300 yds no prob 320$ brand new at cabelas
I shoot hornady Custom GMX 139gr
Guess i got lucky

Back