Rem SPS 16.5 Tactical .308

With Hogue, don't go with the pillar bed, as those are the flimsy ones.

I put a Hogue full bed block on my grandson's rifle and a bipod. It works.

Did you get your rifle in? Curious on how you like it? I just got one of these on a trade, it's new, never fired.

I've been eyeing them since they came out.

I've modded mine before I've even fired it (new baby due any day now, so not even sure when that will be). Magpul hunter stock, magpul magazine well, aac blackout brake. I'm waiting on a Primary Arms 4-14x ffp acss hud scope to come in to finish the project. Will be suppressing mine 95-100% of the time with a 762sdn6.

I saw some videos that the Hogue stock that it comes with is a must to replace, which is why I'm switching it to the Magpul stock, which has pretty good reviews.

See post 33 above on the 700SPS Tactical.

I've worked with a Primary Arms 4-14x44 Mil-Dot Illuminated scope on a 783 & a PCR.
Not bad at all.
Denis

"Engaging" @ 50-400 yards??
"Pinned down" by "something" beyond 400 yards?

If you encounter a shooter who can "pin you down" beyond 400 yards, most likely that shooter is going to have hit you with the first shot.

I wanted 50-400 capability on my gun as a gp rifle, not necessarily a combat rifle.

The pinned down comment by IM may be perfectly valid in his context.

I do recall (different world, but the principle applies) more than one occasion behind the badge when we were all scrunching down behind cover with shotguns while the guy inside the house was loading his hunting rifle.

I realize he's not referring to an LE situation, but I can understand what he's saying.
Even the playing field, with the choice of tool.
Denis

Back