Registering one's lethal mits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking, congratulations on your thread necromancy. (This thread is four years old.)

Looking, we'd all be interested to know your grandfather's name, where and when he registered, and if possible, see some evidence. In the meantime, I suggest you read here a bit. Wouldn't be a bad idea to read Bullshido, either, although they don't play nearly as nicely as we do at TFL:
www.bullshido.net

lethal force

You might not need to register but if you use a martial arts technique that harms someone the prosecutors will be all over you. Against totally untrained people martial arts like brazilian juijitsu combined with wrestling, muay thai, and boxing can be very effective in controlling and subduing people.

Prosecutors have been known to make it appear that the martial artist (including high school wrestlers, boxers, etc.) is so highly trained that the only reason the attacker got hurt was because the martial artist wanted that person hurt instead of just using a magical subduing technique.

But this applies to any responsible handgun owner as well. In court all those tactical training classes, range time, subscription to SWAT magazine, etc.. will be used against you as someone who was so highly trained or obsessed about firearms that you could have just shot someone in the leg instead of the chest. Not to say this will work but I'm sure prosecutors will try.

And even if you get past the criminal courts there's also the civil courts. All this training looks bad in court. Then again if you get to court and assuming you weren't the bad guy then the training must have worked and that's a good thing.

But in term of registering that's total b.s. If I don't have to register my pistol why do I need to register hands?

Whitaker, B. P. (1995-1996). Empty hands and deep pockets: Tort liability and potential for recovery against individuals applying martial arts training in self-defense. Gonzaga Law Review, 31, 1-14.

Here's an article on such.

Why is it I can't ever resurrect threads this old? I've tried, it always says something like 'thread is over xx days old and cannot be posted to' or something along those lines.

I wonder if I can register my fat gut as a deadly weapon?

That, and i heard Donny Baker got his hands registered as lethal weapons...so it must be true.

Anyone want to buy a boat?

*sigh*

The "registered hands" thing has been floating around since I was in high school, and I'm not even going to mention how long ago that was :D .

Even if there are a few, obscure places where this is true, it has little to do with tactics and training ;) .

Closed, for pegging my BS meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back