RateMyCop website has police on edge

Government employees (i.e., cops) compile dossiers on citizens all the time - their behaviors, known associates, etc. I see nothing wrong with their employers - i.e., taxpaying citizens - having access to information on how their employees i.e., cops - are doing.

Heller will not have any effect on CCW.
That depends on how the Justices word their ruling. There is the possibility that they could word it so that many laws in the country can cite Heller as president and use it to challenge those laws.

True that Heller won't change things overnight, but the ruling could have far reaching effects. Only time will tell.

Heller will not have any effect on CCW.
How in the world could a ruling supporting the right to keep and bear arms not support the right to bear arms? Looking in every dictionary and thesaurus I've ever seen shows bear meaning carry.

Looking in every dictionary and thesaurus I've ever seen

Ah, but the Law has its own logic; words mean what courts determine them to mean. That's how we got to the sorry state of affairs we have today.

Regards,

Walt

That depends on how the Justices word their ruling. There is the possibility that they could word it so that many laws in the country can cite Heller as president and use it to challenge those laws.

True, but that will require other lawsuits that will attempt to use Heller as precedent. Because the question to be answered in Heller will be:

Whether the following provisions — D.C. Code secs. 7-2502.02(a)(4), 22-4504(a), and 7-2507.02 — violate the Second Amendment rights of individuals who are not affiliated with any state-regulated militia, but who wish to keep handguns and other firearms for private use in their homes?

"I'd like to see it gone," says Officer Hector Basurto, vice president of the Latino Police Officers Association. He recently learned about Ratemycop.com and is furious.
"Having a Web site like that puts a lot of law enforcement, in my eyes, in danger because it exposes us out there," says Officer Basurto.

Oh, you mean like how it's legal to print the name and addresses of CCW holders in the paper in some places.

Back