Racking the 30 Super Carry

I for one am looking forward to hearing what S&W responds with.

But again, I don't think you can order an RSA for the EZ right now, so I'd call that a deal breaker.
Well, I got a response from S&W, it was not what I expected. I replied and am hoping to get a better response.

my question
, which I felt was fairly clear. "Looking into the m&p ez line. Concerned with grip strength and how much force it takes to rack the slides. What is the pound weight of the recoil springs for the 380, 9mm, and 30 super carry?"

S&W response "Good Morning

Thank you for contacting Smith & Wesson. The trigger pull with the grip safety is 5-6 lbs.

Thank you
Brendan"

so I replied and tried to clarify, no response yet.

Well, I got a response from S&W, it was not what I expected. I replied and am hoping to get a better response.

my question
, which I felt was fairly clear. "Looking into the m&p ez line. Concerned with grip strength and how much force it takes to rack the slides. What is the pound weight of the recoil springs for the 380, 9mm, and 30 super carry?"

S&W response "Good Morning

Thank you for contacting Smith & Wesson. The trigger pull with the grip safety is 5-6 lbs.

Thank you
Brendan"

so I replied and tried to clarify, no response yet.
LOL.

"the 30 Super Carry is a dead round"

In a world where new guns are coming out for the 5.7mm every few months after it was dead for 20+ years and 10mm Auto gets cool again for a couple years every decade since Sonny Crockett had one, declaring any round (other than .45 GAP) "dead" is bold... ;)

Cartridges do have an amazing ability to... rise from the dead.

The centennial of the Civil War and the Indian Wars helped resurrect a lot of rounds.

Then the Cowboy Action Shooting sports/Black Powder Cartridge Rifle competition came along and cartridges that a lot of people had never heard of before started showing up on the line again.

In this age of immediate information a lot of things come and go seemingly overnight on a regular basis, and get resurrected just as fast.

Folks love to talk about how all sorts of cartridges are "dead" for any number of reasons, some more valid than others, but in reality, no cartridge is really dead unless it has gone completely out of production, and even then there's always a possibility that it will someday see a resurgence in popularity.

There are some extremely obscure cartridges which remain in limited production to this very day, such as "9x18 Ultra" which was never a successful or popular cartridge to begin with, nor were many guns chambered in it.
So it seems rather absurd for folks to boldly proclaim that a cartridge as resent as .30 Super Carry is dead and that ammo production for the cartridge will cease altogether in a world in which 9x18 Ultra is still produced in limited quantities despite the fact that nobody has manufactured a firearm chambered in it since 1979 when the Walther PP Super went out of production.

My advice on the subject would be; if .30 Super carry seems interesting to you, then might as well buy a firearm chambered in it. That way even if it does go out of production in a few years, the firearm itself may become a valuable collector's item in years to come, and you'll get the last laugh over the naysayers because while they got to be right about something, you're the one who actually profited.

Besides, you never know... .30 Super Carry might gain a cult following in years to come, eventually becoming a cartridge shrouded in urban legends, and join the likes of other formerly "dead" cartridges such as 10mm Auto, 5.7x28, and .327 Magnum.
Personally, I'm anticipating an eventual resurgence in popularity for .357 SIG, as it has been getting lots of attention from certain ammo testers on YouTube who have been impressed by its performance, and seeing as .40cal pistols can easily be converted to the cartridge with drop-in barrels, it seems likely to maintain a strong cult following which will eventually prompt a comeback once enough influential individuals rediscover it.

10mm and 357 SIG have been "dead" yet people still buy guns, ammo, and components for them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Guess I'm an old curmudgeon. Is there are gaping hole in the calibers available suitable for self defense?
I think not. Shoot a look at the Sierra or Hodgdon bullet lines would indicate there is a seat for every butt now, typically multiples.
New folks find the purchasing process confusing enough, we suffer from abundance.

Back