quick follow-up in N.C.

If you want to come up to Mt Airy you can shoot your AK all you want in the woods behind my house. Not a range but a nice place to shoot!

I'm gonna hop on to this thread too.

Does anyone know of any ranges in Orange county? I recently moved a little ways north of Chapel Hill, and it seems that this isnt a very gun freindly place.

DPRC in Mebane

I'm recommend the Durham Pistol & Rifle Club located in Mebane. I'm a member and I'm quite pleased with what the club has to offer. Ranges from 25 yards, 50 yards, 100-200-300 yards and the pistol pit. ;)

http://www.dprc.org/

Thanks! I looked at their website, and it looks like a great place to shoot. Somtime in the next 2-3 weeks, I'll try do drive down and check the place out in person.

Thanks Ronnie and geneinnc ,,, I've been going to Shooters, in Statesville..

It's a great place to shoot anything..

Old thread,,, New post....

I've been going to Shooters in Statesville for about three months.. It's great, the pistol range is the best for me.. I have not gone anywhere else since...
Their rifle range is kind of short, but it's such a great place to shoot that I don't mind too much.. Since I started this thread I've been lucky enough to find a local private spot to shoot whatever and however I want...

BUT,, There are not a lot of PUBLIC places to shoot in NC!!

So let's keep each other posted on where to go for the quick follow up shot in NC...

I'm still looking for a double tap friendly (indoor) pistol range close to the Triad area...

Check out Handgunners, Inc. I double and triple all the time and even do rapid fire mags without any problem. No stated policy against it and no griping when I do it. They're just outside Burlington. When you go there, PAY ATTENTION to the rules posted outside the door. Stop and READ THEM or they won't even buzz you in the door. Pistols, shotguns, rimfires, and pistol caliber carbines only, 25yds. No steel core ammo.

rantingredneck,
I 'll be heading out to Shooters in Statesville next weekend,, but the week after that I could make it over to Burlington for a few hours... Let's work it out in the PM's.... I always need another friend...

Will do. Have to check the calendar for that weekend. Not sure, but I think there might be a B-day party going on. Lotsa Feb birthdays in the family. May have to bump it back a week?

I recently heard some scuttlebutt about a private,, invite only rifle range near Lexington,,, anybody have any info on that?

Hope no one minds if I hitch a ride on here :rolleyes:

Looking for a place to shoot my new member to the family a M1A scout.

I am in the Charlotte area.

Also am looking for a shooting partner.......:cool:

Nobody in NC's going to mind.. That's why I started this thread way back when...

I shoot in Statesville a lot, but most of Charlotte is actually closer...

FWIW Duncan Gun Shop has an outdoor range between Wilkesboro and Yadkinville on 421. I am not sure if that's too far to drive or not. You can call the store if you are interested. Also they have an indoor range in the North Wilkesboro store but it only goes out to 25 yards.

I just joined DPRC in Mebane, NC (near Burlington and Chapel Hill) and I must say its a very nice place to shoot. Many different ranges, and a well kept facility. I'd encourage anyone else in the area to join.

just curious

Is Uwharrie still closed? Is it just the range or are the trails closed too? I've been deployed for a while and looked forward to going up there when i get back. I'm stationed in Fayetteville, and around there the only public outdoor range i know of is called Range 1 just past Spring Lake.

Just found out about a range that is on Wildlife Rd in Charlotte, supposed to be a club called Mecklenburg Wildlife. will give them a call next week. and find out.

Back