quick follow-up in N.C.

What part of N.C. areyou located if in the western part I know of several.

I'm not sure where the original poster is, but I'm in Jackson county and could use some recommendations regarding nearby facilities.

Thanks,

Michael Courtney

Hey guys,

Sorry I didn't see all the replies, I've been wrapped up in some mil-surp talk when I'm here lately... But I need to find a Rifle range in NC,, PERIOD...

I live near the Triad. Every range I've checked out is an hour or more away for me. The Title "quick follow up" was regarding ranges that enforce slow shooting rules, I should have been more specific when I said;
ak friendly

I shoot a lot of bolt action mil-surps and semi's, as well as a few AK's, but I just can't find anywhere close to home. It always has to be an all day, planned event.... Real Pain in T. A.

I would pay dearly to find a local land owner close to home that I could strike a deal with... I am a very safe and responsible shooter, but I need a place where I can concentrate and practice...

Thanks Guys,

Ben

tagging along on your thread

I hope you don't mind -- I'm sort of looking for places to shoot as well. There seem to be various clubs in the general basic Triangle area, but they all require knowing a member to join. :( Plus, having multiple hobbies, I really don't want to attend meetings and such. Anyone have suggestions for somehow getting invited to shoot (pistol) on one of these many ranges (Butner or Creedmoor for example)?

PGrl if you are in Vance county you need to check out The Range it is a range owned by Frank Glover in Oxford. You can find there website by going to IDPA's website then affilated clubs, then NC.

I think that's the range that I went to for my concealed class, but the instructor said that they weren't taking any more memberships. :( But, I'll look using that name and try again.

Range

Try Shooters in Statesville. Never been there, but lots of my skeet club go there for sporting clays. someone said they had a rifle range, not sure. google Watuaga Gun Club. Boone & Wilkesboro both have rifle ranges.

There's a Gun club in Reidsville that has an outdoor rifle range. That's all the info I know on it. Try Reidsville yellowpage info. Good luck. Regards 18DAI.

Uwharrie range

The range in Uwharrie is now open. They closed it during the peak of the off-roading season there. I was up there in my Samurai on Saturday 11-11-06, and they were shooting like there was no tomorrow. Just thought I'd let you know.

Ron

Last edited:
Great news, thanks. But if anyone else knows a rifle range close to W.S.,
I'm still looking. I'll sure be heading out to Uwharrie, it's about an hour but you can't beat the price...

Thanks a lot Ron, really good news for me and a lot of others...

Ben,

Check out the RWVA range in Ramseur. Given the location and your thread on what being a Rifleman means, it might be a good match.

www.rwva.org (then go to the Forum for most info, read blog as well)

FWIW, there are some events coming up there that might be good to attend.

Dec. 2 there is the Korean War Sniper School.
Jan. 1 there is the New Year's Rapid Fire event.
Feb. 24-25 is the 2007 Appleseed Kickoff.

Enjoy.

Back