Question on buying ammo

If you buy....buy reloadable brass cases and save them...the day may come when reloading those empty brass cases will seem appealing to you.
Being the master of your own ammo supply is empowering.
A couple of bullet moulds makes you even less dependent on the dealers supply or what's allowed to be sold , online sales in CA are now illegal....what state is next ?
I cast bullets and reload for every centerfire weapon I own and a few I don't own , just in case I get one.
Gary

I buy almost entirely online. AmmoToGo, ammoman, SportsmanGuide, and Natchez get my money. There's a Rural King in my county that I have yet to visit, but Bass Pro has the occasional sale that's not too bad so many pick up a couple boxes there once in a while.
I still remember the price gouging total dick move CheaperThanDirt pulled a few years ago and refuse to buy from them since. Walmarts near me are poorly stocked so I don't ever buy there.

On the shelf and local, Walmart has always been cheaper in my neck of the woods. I'm always hoping for better deals at Academy, but Walmart always has them beat.

Be sure you know the rules at your favorite range before you stock up. Are steel and aluminum casings allowed or not. Check the ammo details carefully. Blazer Brass makes a produce with steel or aluminum casings. Totally counter intuitive. Read the descriptions and read them again.

Freedom Munitions is good when they have their best sale. Also Ammo Valley which resells Freedom product even cheaper everything considered.

Maybe it depends on where you live & what the local shopping options are.

I have looked at some of the online retailers, but they don't offer a huge price advantage over Rural King, which is about 5 minutes away from my house. If there is no local store near you, you can check their website at rkguns.com.

My only gripe about RK is that they're kinda like WalMart in some regards, in that selection varies depending on what sort of price they can get from suppliers. If they can leverage a good deal on Blazer, they have a ton of it. Ditto for Remington, Geco, Winchester, Hornady, or whatever. And if they can't get a huge discount on it ... there's a bare spot on the shelf.

gun.deals, check there for the latest deals, you can filter to just ammo.

Follow mrgunsngear on Facebook, he shares great ammo deals.

I default to Freedom Munitions. Great ammo, great shipping and often free shipping if you spend over $100.

Unless you buy in 1000's of rounds at a time, you're not going to find anywhere cheaper than walmart or academy. Im not a walmart fan, but they're selling ammo cheaper than anywhere else so im not above buying it from them. The only way i would go to Dick's for ammo (or anything else) is if they were giving it away for free. I would love to see Dick's take a major financial hit from their stance on guns.

You will always get dicked by dicks
also they are anti 2nd amendment illegal age restrictions and so called assault ban at their field and stream stores

Back