Question about handgun hunting

Would you see that as suitable for deer. ?

If you are 2 yards from the deer and have a head shot from the front, it will work.

How do I know? I used to kill cows in the pens to butcher with a .22 rifle and .22 shorts. Just got to know where to shoot.

See you can use a .357 revolver and get close and it will do fine on deer. Knock 'em dead with one clean shot. Same for the .44 magnum.

Heck, poachers use .22 rifles and night and head shoot deer.

And that is why I don't care if you use a handgun on deer.

Works fine as long as you get close and shoot strait.

Just as humane as anything else.

Deaf

Do you not have rules and regulations in America regards hunting. ? And almost everything else you do from the cradle to the grave. your freedom to do whatever you want is an illusions.

Yes, each state has regulations with regard to hunting. The federal government exercises control over such things as species they consider endangered.

One needs to remember that hunting in the US is a sport and is regulated as a sport. In a survival situation, you use what you have with you and it might only be a 22 rimfire rifle or handgun. Both are capable of taking a deer, but the potential to wound the animal are higher and as a result, most states do not allow sport hunting deer sized game with a rimfire. In a survival situation, I would not hesitate to use a rimfire personally.

.454 Casull
FreedomArms_zps32c096c6.jpg

.44 Mag
Redhawk_zps6f311b5f.jpg

.357 Mag
GP100_zpsf2694e55.jpg

.22 Because sometimes a 12 guage is just too messy for squirrels at close range.
SingleSix_zps9c91a99e.jpg

Are you asking type of game, size of game, how long I hunted for. ? Remember the largest animal you can hunt in the UK are deer.
You say you have "hunted plenty"
I'd like the details about what you have shot, how many, etc.

If it is truly survival hunting, then all the "rules" go out the window. I'd be hunting with a spotlight over a deer feeder, and using whatever caliber I had available. I'd be trying for head/neck shots if possible, to minimize meat loss.

Hunting for sport is an entirely different matter.... there are rules, and personal ethics involved.

Back