Pros/Cons to the CZ 75

A PCR solves that issue, but it only comes in the decocker model. Tri-star makes a CZ clone, they have an alloy framed compact with safety.

And no one doesn't need a billion dollar Cajun, their 17 dollar spring kit and some polishing on the trigger bar does wonders.

Am I the only guy on the net who learns and shoots stock triggers? :) CZ triggers out of the box aren’t that bad.

Ok so I have built a couple 10/22s but beyond that my triggers are stock.

I have CZ's and clones with everything from stock to custom shop triggers and while I like the smoothness of the ones that have been worked on, to me, it's not all that big a deal and having them done did little but lighten my wallet up a lot. I have a CZ Custom Shop P07 and the similar Sphinx SDP Compact, and the Sphinx is nearly a nice a trigger out of the box as the CZ does, and it cost over $100 less. The sight upgrade on the CZ is nice though.

The stock cz's owned have decent triggers, but both have the hammer moving back right before it releases. Not that big of a deal if you get used to it, but seems hand/finger position is more important to straight back follow through. There were parts/gunsmiths that can make a "clean" trigger break. Am not sure if the newer target/sa models have this or not.

Had it not been for 75’s crappy trigger....Cajun Gun Works wouldn’t even exist.
And to quote Angus Hobdell of CZ Custom “trigger jobs are our bread and butter”.

Picked up a new CZ75 Compact PCR today. A bit difficult to rack the slide since the slide rides inside the frame and there’s not much slide serrations to grab onto. That will take some “getting used to”. The rear sight looks a bit pushed to the right off centerline.
Haven’t fired this yet, but we’re anyones rear sight appear to be off center when purchased?
Wondering.

Haven’t fired this yet, but we’re anyones rear sight appear to be off center when purchased?

Not too unusual (depending how far off "center" it is). I advise shooting the pistol first to determine poi vis-a-vis poa before moving the sight in any direction.

Maybe they didn't get it centered up at the factory, maybe they adjusted it to shoot to point of aim.

You won't know which until you shoot it and see if it shoots to point of aim.

The only "downside" is that you keep buying more. I'm at 8 now, and I'm sure there are still a few more in my future.

ZVeqEFg.jpg

GpBfa7L.jpg

I too have rarely resorted to getting trigger jobs for my guns. My 1911's...meant for Bullseye competition have been touched up by a pro however.

I've found that each manuf. has a different feel to their triggers, that needs to be learned before declaring oneself proficient. To whit: The Browning HP vs most any 1911, vs Sig's DA/SA mode of fire, vs. the Glock 'breaking rubber band' trigger and none remotely resemble a good DA revolver....With 50 years + of shooting them all, it's been fun learning new tricks...a delightful part of the game.

A good SA trigger (the standard in my world would be most any S&W) is a joy to work with...but I've also found that the two stage military type allows me a better feel for the gun...I just shoot better with them.

All in all, my favorite would be a 1911 with a 4.5# trigger for most any work...and about the same on my Single Action Colts and Rugers. My least favorite is the Glock's striker trigger, but I'll readily admit that I shoot the Glocks as well as any of the others at speed and only really object to their feel in deliberate, precision slow fire.

YMMv Rod

The only trigger that really bothers me is the S&W hinged one they put on the M&P guns. There is something about it that just annoys me. It's not a gun I would ever buy, so it's not really a big deal.

Back