Pros/Cons to the CZ 75

Lets see.
Have decocker compacts both in alloy and steel. The PCR alloy is my edc. The steel framed compact decocker is a recent buy, plans unknown yet.

Full size...One of them being a tricked out trans Pre B model, the trigger will make most 1911 jealous.

P09..Equipped with a streamlight tlr1 resides by my bed, highly accurate and smooth shooting.

97. 45 ACP goodness I'll take this over 1911s any day.

Shadow 2 optic ready model

The only drawback for some is the thin slide profile. But quality, handling and reliability are top shelf. I prefer CZs to Sig, HK, S&W, Glock etc. CZ's always shoot great.

1. The design that puts the slide inside the rails means a bit less gripping surface on the slide for racking it.

2. Along the same lines, because the slide rails are exposed on the outside of the slide when racking the gun, lubrication can get on your fingers during the racking process, or when clearing malfunctions.

3. They tend to be a bit on the heavy side.

4. Some of them come with magazine brakes which I'm not a big fan of.

5. Some of them come with philips head grip screws which, for some reason, really bothered me--I replaced the screws on mine as soon as I got a chance.

None of those are very serious complaints. I have a couple of them so clearly having that list wasn't enough to keep me from buying my second one. :D

ciwsguy said:
Just out of curiosity, how does the 75 compare to a Beretta 92? I’ve fired a 92F and it had a very sweet trigger out of the box.
I prefer the CZ, but I don't have a lot of trigger time on Berettas (because I don't like them and would never own one).

Thanks fellas. I’m sold on the compact 75. I have enough polymer handguns so I’m going to metal framed CZ 75 compact.
If you can find one, I'd recommend looking at the CZ P01 for a compact, if you don't need the safety.

I'm not sure what they did different with the grip, but I like how it fits much better in my hand. Local shop still has a used (if overpriced) one that's been tempting me quite a bit despite surely not having any gun money left this year.

Just out of curiosity, how does the 75 compare to a Beretta 92? I’ve fired a 92F and it had a very sweet trigger out of the box.

A Beretta was first "wonder nine" i ever bought. Fine pistol, but large grip and the locking block wore fairly quickly taking away some accuracy. IMO, they are not as durable as a steel cz75.

Pros: Good ergos and soft shooting, lots of parts available for customization.
Cons: Tend to come very tight from the factory so take down can be a bit difficult until you shoot it some.

Currently I have a Rami and it’s my favorite sub compact 9mm(might get a p10s soon too). Might add a PCR to the collection once prices return to normal.

Just out of curiosity, how does the 75 compare to a Beretta 92?

I think the CZ is a better gun. Nothing against the Beretta, but the grip makes for a LONG reach to the trigger in DA, the decocker is in a weird spot, and the triggers on both my CZ pistols (after a few hundred rounds) are lighter and smoother.

I've shot both from a rest at 25 yards, and groups were nearly identical, which is to say excellent. The CZ seems to be much less finicky about feeding lead.

I don't think you can really go wrong with either, but I much prefer the CZ pistols.

I had a 75 Compact at one time. It was an excellent pistol in all respects. MecGar magazines are, roughly, half the cost of CZ and work perfectly.

I owned a 75B for years. Liked it a lot but carried it and didn’t like having to walk the hammer down manually on a live round. You could carry it cocked and locked or buy a D model with the decocker, which is what I would have purchased had they existed when I bought mine. Really good guns. Mec gar mags work great and are available and affordable. I purchased mine back in like 2001 and was disappointed in the lack of holster support. They’re way more popular now so that should not be an issue.

The most significant con of the CZ-75 is it will make you empty your wallet buying more CZ pistols.

In my opinion, the CZ-75 is a superior pistol. Beretta 92s typically have better stock triggers, but the CZ-75 excels in all other ergonomic respects for me (and I have large-ish hands with long fingers). But I also feel the SIG P226 is superior to the Beretta 92 as well.

Last edited:
CZ 75B steel frame compact with black epoxy finish. Optional alum thin grips, curved trigger, replaced mag brake and brightened sights.

Please appreciate the super professional photo job.:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_resized.jpg
    IMG_resized.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 40
About my CZ PCR (75D), the stock version:

I like everything about it.
And the DA stacking is pretty smooth. Certainly better overall ergos than my former Sig P228.

My high confidence in Czech handguns along with hours of reading about the “true Czech” VZ-58s helped motivate me to buy a Czechpoint VZ-58.

Any questions are welcome.

Last edited:
Blasphemy to compare anything to the 1911.

Truth is blasphemy for many ideologies.

The CZ-75 is one of those great designs that, much like the 1911, the Mauser rifle, the PP/PPK, AR, and AK, has found itself cloned/copied many times over. Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.

The CZ-75 may have not pioneered anything new, but it brought together many excellent features in an elegant and wildly successful design.

Last edited:
For the comments about the large grip of the Beretta 92, as someone with short fingers I agree it’s noticeable. However for me it’s still workable. More so as someone with short fingers I really dislike the stock rubber grips of the CZ 75. Any of the LOK or VZ grips are a big upgrade in that area. Similar grips can be had for the Beretta 92 as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I run thin grips on my P01 and it makes for an extremely svelte pistol.

Also run thin grips on beretta and they make a world of difference.

I am a small handed dude as well and either works for me. Comparatively the CZ’s are more comfortable and transmit less recoil/muzzle flip (slide in frame low bore axis). Berettas are finished much nicer, have better triggers out of the box and can be a bit more reliable (that empty casing has all the space in the world to get out of the pistol. :))

Practically speaking they are kind of a wash. Pick your poison kind of thing. Both are great pistols.

Chris

Back