pro-gun liberalism

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the short answer is that number one, perfection won't happen here and that's what you are asking. Number two, you are assuming a soldier is more worthy than a house wife. Only God can decide that. That housewife may have been sexually abused as a child yet still cares for people enough to be devoted to a husband, the elderly etc. Bottom line, it ain't our place to weigh souls.

Okay, than what if the more deserving housewife has the amputated limb than? You still have yet to escape the problem.

Why doesn't God EVER heal amputees? Of all the gazillions, and gazillion of people who have been , maimed for whatever reason, does God never find one single one who is deserving of a miracle?

On the other hand though, God routinely performs miracles for things that pure random chance could account for, have other rational explanations or he decides to make his presence known to us by appearing on our toast, grilled cheese sandwiches and tacos (rather regularly here in Texas). :rolleyes:

If you limit your definition of "the Bible" to the OT you might have a point, although even Orthodox Jews don't live under the Law these days. You haven't even read the NT so I don't know what makes you spout off so much about it

Oh, so God didn't mean that Old Testement stuff and was messing around with us?

By asking that question you make it quite clear that you have read neither the OT nor the NT.

Tragically I did, and I found it a great inoculation against Christianity. Either way you’re still left with the unsavory aspects of the Old Testament and making them fit with a all-loving god.

And we haven't even touched on internal inconsistencies of the Bible yet......

And I'm still confused about why we're not praying for God to miraculously grow new limbs for someone.

How about this:
Thousands of innocent Iraqi children have been horribly maimed in senseless violence. Who could be more deserving than one of them? Why don't we specify one and unite to pray for God to give them a new limb?

There should be no difference between this prayer and the prayers that are offered to cure cancer victims since both are asking for God to intervine.

I'm willing to sincerely offer my prayers to assist in this effort. Any takers? If not why wouldn't you try, what do we have to lose? I’m sure someone’s church would be willing to help.

I am in total agreement with the "why aren't amputees being healed" argument. I have been a christian a long time, have heard stories about miracles,modern miracles, but why is it that it is always miracles that can be easily explained by trickery, or science.

But I still have don't see how Morality exists as a social construct. Basically that means that there is no right and wrong, just what people agree upon as being acceptable and unacceptable.

IE, if the majority supported racism, or fascism, or genocide, what in a science based belief system allows those things to be considered wrong, unless society deems them as wrong?
Note: this is nt meant to be argumentative, I'm not trying to poke holes in science, just curious about the ethics aspect which I haven't been able to apply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back