Prazipress 140

stagpanther

Picked up my new press this morning, it was handed off by DHL to the post office for some reason and didn't make it to my actual shipping address, fortunately the postmistress knows me and this happens quite often. It left Germany Tuesday and arrived late last night--big contrast to the magazine I ordered from CZ in Czechia over three weeks ago and shipped via UPS--which tells me they don't know where it is but no worries, it's on it's way.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5345.jpg
    IMG_5345.jpg
    385.5 KB · Views: 461
Holy moly, that is more expensive than some of the guns I load for in the first place.
True--but less than an Area 419 zero press.:D This winter I'm going to do a total rebuild of my reloading operation--it has completely outgrown the room it's in now and I'm going to try to optimize precision reloading to the best of my ability. I don't care about quantity production/efficiency.

I’ve never heard of this press.

Would it be suggested that this press is better than a Forster Co-Ax? If yes or no either way… why?

Isn't not caring about production quantities and efficiency inefficient?
Yes--my long-handed way of saying I don't need a turret press (still have and use my original Lee Freedom press which cost me a fortune--$80).

I was waiting until I built the new shop--a pretty involved affair-- to try the press out, it's pretty heavy. I call it the Panzerpress.;)

Just watched a quick vid on this beast. Pretty sweet, so smooth. Definitely some leverage on this pup.
At just under a grand it is expensive--but that cost is relative when I look at the 4 other presses I have that all developed a wee bit of wobble in their alignment eventually. The no-nonsense straight up the middle by over-sized shaft supported by surrounding 3 massive columns layout appeals to me greatly.

The full process on the Germany side to complete the paperwork took about 2 and a half months, longer than what I was told it would be. Apparently they have to jump through some pretty serious hoops vis export/import of this type of machinery to the US. Once that was completed (and you will NOT be charged anything until it is ready to ship) the process is amazingly fast via DHL. It took 4 days to leave Germany, clear customs and make it's way to my rural state. A magazine I ordered over 3 weeks ago from CZ direct and was shipped via UPS is still lost in space, the second item they have lost for me in the past month. The packages that do make it and delivered by UPS are almost always battered from abuse.

Last edited:
Would it be suggested that this press is better than a Forster Co-Ax? If yes or no either way… why?
That is probably a great press, and as long as it produces consistent sizing and seatings with minimal runout there is no rational reason at all to consider something like the Prazi--unless of course you're like me and just got to have the baddest-looking press to walk into the saloon.:D

Well you definitely mixed out on the cool/snob factor. I have seen one of these up close and personal and they are more of a piece of metal art work than a tool. The fit and finish are just outstanding. Now you just need to get the $600 primer seater, a computerized automatic neck turner, and a AMP annealer to finish off the dream bench ;)

I could be mistaken but I was under the impression that the Co-Ax is known as the king daddy for minimal runout. But I’m not dogging your chase for cool tools, I understand! It does seem odd to me to be on this chase if you don’t already have a Co-Ax, but again, I am an enthusiast myself (handguns) so I understand why you wanted this.

I’m not sure why this company would build such a startlingly top-end beast like this and NOT make it part of their initial business plan to find a dedicated importer for North America, the market here for handloading must be way, way beyond the largest market share anywhere in the world.

There’s no way to put numbers on it I’m sure but to make a high buck handloading specific tool and not market it to North America seems nuts to me.

There’s no way to put numbers on it I’m sure but to make a high buck handloading specific tool and not market it to North America seems nuts to me.
A good question. If I had to guess, it's probably due to the extensive control paperwork on both the German and US sides that by-passes a specific FFL import license. If it goes through the hands of a US importer--expect that price to jump at least 40% would be my expectation. Other than the wait for the paperwork to be done, once the actual payment was made the press got to me faster than it would have shipped by any domestic-ordered service. You can always write Thomas Turban and ask him to get the straight scoop if you like.;)

you can arrive in your Honda CRV or arrive in your Mercedes GLS, thing is when you arrive in a GLS people go "ooooohh nice"

The Prazi is the GLS of ammo presses

Back