Poll: If you could choose your combat sidearm.

My Beretta M9A1, but that's only because it's one of the few pistols I can get pre-ban high cap mags for in Massachusetts. If I had the choice, and the mags, I would go with the Sig 226.

HK USP .45, HK45 Tactical, Sig P220 .45, M&P .45, FNX .45 Tactical, Beretta Px4 Storm SD .45, Glock 21, XDM .45, FN Five-Seven, Any good 1911

in that order

This^^^^assuming ammo is plentiful.

Nothing better than 16 rounds of 10MM. Run out of ammo? Switch to .40 with a barrel change. Run out of .40? Switch to .357SIG with a barrel change. Run out of .357SIG? Switch to Dillon 9X25 with a barrel change.

Want to run .45ACP. Change out the top end in 7 seconds. (and the magazine).

There you go.
:cool:

07232008b.jpg

I would choose a 1911, it served me well in 1968 and I have no reason to not trust one now.
If I could take my own gun it would be the one in the picture.

Best Regards
Bob Hunter
www.huntercustoms.com

Last edited:
Sig P226 in 9mm, had one, it was accurate and utterly reliable and fed anything i put in it. 2nd would be a G17, light gun, great capacity. I love the 1911 but feel that the extra capacity both in hte gun and with what i can carry in 9mm for a GTW gun could make all the difference.

I'll trust my life to a Beretta M9/92fs, Glock 21, and a couple Ruger and S&W .357 revolvers.

I have owned 3 different $1K 1911s, they all jammed more than I find acceptable.

Probably my CZ 75. Very sweet shooting. Almost no muzzle flip. Easy for me to fire one handed even weak hand.

I dislike safeties. I dislike the M9 safety even more.

I would probably also trust my life to a Glock or Sig 250 or 226. 1911 is nice too but my hands are too small for double stack magazines and I'd want more than 8 rounds.

Back