Pocket Carry Revolver?

S&W 442 in a Desantis pocket holster with a NAA Black Widow as back up. The Black Widow is always in my pocket around the house. I'm never more than 10 ft. away from a 9mm or 38 special no matter where I am in my little house though.

I recently got a Ruger LCR 38 and discovered the joy of the Sticky Holster. For me it's the perfect solution when I need to carry something tiny. Search for "Sticky Holster" and it will be easy to find. I can put it the front pocket of casual pants, but it also works great as IWB holster. Today I carried the LCR all day in the waistband of gym shorts with the Sticky Holster - crossdraw most of the time, but easily moved to the hip when desired.

.357 LCR with Eagle wood grips, or S&W Model 36 with Tyler T-grips. Both are very comfortable in my Wrangler jeans...I even find myself checking my pocket to make sure I remembered to carry!

Now that's what I would call a "relaxed fit".:eek:

S&W 327pc snub nose. Nothing like 8 rounds of 357 magnum in your pocket. It's big but it's not real heavy. I did put some smaller grips on it to help conceal. Great gun and lots of fun. Loaded with Hornady critical defence 357 magnum ammo.

Last edited:
When I pocket carry it's either my '71 Agent or '73 Bulldog...

20170418_082117_zpsbvhitmkf.jpg

Just shot my S&W 340-PD for the first time at the range....wow those 357 loads have some snap..the 38 special 125 grain loads were a lot more manageable

I pocket carry year around. Either my S&W 36 or my Taurus 85, both in a Bianchi pocket holster...one of the best, albeit cheapest pocket holsters available.

SW36_1_1.jpg

001.jpg

Here is the M36 in the Bianchi pocket holster:
001-1.jpg

I have been using two of these very inexpensive holsters for many years now, and they still work perfectly. They cost a little more than twenty bucks...or you can buy the more expensive brand and have about the same thing.

Been carrying this Pinnacle custom S&W 360J 9mm/.38spl convertible going on 9 years now. It gets pocket carried regularly - front pocket, back pocket, cargo pocket, jacket pocket - drop it in and go, sometimes primary, sometimes back up.

jRKNHjj4xKEC759Yf9ij-pbEyZTvgJMdhL6F-GvU3s5_45Xr6nkhdiswnvvrrUbTwypOoq46xk7j2_QuzqZjdEQv8I_rCOtOJ6zx9sA3UamIH_Mid65HJR3ZjcdgEDrfrIJVK1v0BL4UGus1fPuEUibHMnBQu8e4rlyneKkMFroVk_f6zqx1WHxapRnaN8M7dW3BFyMpuzy13biGQoZqnCMT5bbG_1f20mC0btFeghmmoRxklSnzjo7DRgp8aBjQAgFg1KBBxuWZ87rmHStTMNSrE7C8jgfzSJ__RxK8vfL-3hIRAmA_oLa0OLAbMdVq_GpBe_JZLDwzlt9GTgQ84N1J4dDyiDSZBal2uNjIKVQQS25K6k3S1OTloVxwhW1UftwefgRdMwBaHJJOJifou-4nYa-cJywjded2qSOzTFA30ogJvW88W7BimM2aPgQcmZx9xd3KPqyQq2qzBVhnW-Dl953aaDQbqmEcPwT2N-gKeXpz7wMtMccpFk1zcxQXUJwjU8wH1ShTmidVU40VifD4K9RujcW1YoExgLRCc0VoRfeUE_i9yKwnGoixZiPzdZZsPeODifgQXKxTAYL6hp1z0Jyh0pxTibX_FzM4KnA1s4wUZG29cQ=w1021-h673-no

642 in front pocket. Too tall for rear pocket carry for me, but I have no problem in front with somewhat baggy pants. Even jeans and I am 5"8".

I have wondered about this talk of pocket carry and have been observing that guys with a belly and pants fitted to it have pants that are quite baggy below the waist. So mention of how pocket carry is so easy has a context of being older and/or overweight. We'll still have to wonder about keeping their pants up with a substantial gun, big wallet, knife, keys, phone, and all the other stuff weighing them down.

S&W 640-1 357 with Crimson Trace Laser Grips, with a Desantis Pocket Holster. I carry it in my right front pocket when I am wearing Cargo Type Shorts I also carry a 5 round reload in my left pocket in warm weather. Is the best choice for me that I have found and it is also the fastest. I wear a good quality heavy belt, to keep my shorts where they belong.
ken

I just stuck a S&W 60 with small carry grips in my jeans pocket.
There is absolutely no way I would attempt to carry it or an alloy framed .38 revolver that way.

I've carried my S&W 631 .32H&R Magnum in a coat or jacket or heavy jacket pocket. In summer with shorts and T-Shirt (hard to conceal much) I carry an NAA Mini .22LR loaded with either CCI Stingers or Mini Mags. Way better than nothing at belly to belly distances.

But I usually carry an SA 1911 Ultra Compact .45ACP.

Back