Pocket Carry Revolver?

S&W 342 with .38+P HPs
(It's no longer available; a 340 with .38+Ps would be similar)

Ruger LCR .327

Ruger LCR 9mm

I like these all. Currently I favor the .327.

1. Smith 442
2. Charter Bulldog with bobbed hammer
3. Smith 38 Bodyguard
4. NAA .22lr with boot grip

My wife carries a NAA .22 magnum Pug.

Colt Cobra .38 Special

S&W Model 12 .38 Special

Ruger LCR .327 Federal Magnum-as soon as I can find one to buy in my area...:(

I pocket carried a 2" S&W model 60 and a 2" Ruger SP101 for a while.

I have switched over to a Glock 43. For me it just fits/carries better in a pocket, and draws a lot smoother and faster.

Occasionally LCR .38spl (with bantam boot grip in a DeSantis Nemisis), and - when I can't carry anything else - occasionally a NAA Sidewinder .22WMR.

Recently started thinking about carrying this way. Looking for a pistol smaller and lighter than my SW Shield to drop in my pocket for quick trips to the local convenience store, running, or for use as a BUG. Considering the SW 6/442, LCR 38, or the LCR .22 though that's unlikely. Are these kinds of snubbies easier to carry in the pocket than a shield?

Also, any recs on pocket, ankle, or belly band holsters?

Can't recommend any belly-band holsters (don't use them)... but the closest I can get is the Crossbreed Last Ditch. Have one for my Ruger LCP, which attaches by Velcro onto my vest.

Ankle holsters, definitely Galco.

Pocket holsters, depends on what I'm looking for. Back pocket holsters, Recluse. Cargo pocket holsters, DM Bullard made a great one for my P938.

Who pocket carries a revolver and which model is it?

Or who has pants baggy enough to hold a gun in a pocket?

Or who has a belly that requires carrying a little gun in a pocket of baggy pants?

Our weight and build along with style of dress control the mode of carry. The mode of carry controls the type of gun. The struggle to keep our pants up controls the weight of the gun. It's all good as long as we don't have to shoot the thing.

I use a Ruger Lcr 38sp. It replaced my Smith and Wesson model 60 no dash. The Ruger is butt-ugly but the DA trigger is really smooth and the gun is so light I don't have to pull my pants up 27 times a day.

.357 LCR with Eagle wood grips, or S&W Model 36 with Tyler T-grips. Both are very comfortable in my Wrangler jeans...I even find myself checking my pocket to make sure I remembered to carry!

Back