Pocket carry help!

I carry a Taurus Ultralight 38 Special (been a great revolver) in my pocket and have for years now.

No one has ever noticed it or said anything about it.

In some circles, that pocket bulge will help you avoid issues with certain people.

You should be legally carrying anyway so I would not worry about it.

I wear jeans with that exact look by the way.

Can't stand baggy jeans.

If you are handy with a needle and thread try what I do. I cut out the back pocket of an old pair of jeans and sew it inside my pants where I would normally carry IWB. The benefit is you can still have the grip protrude above the pocket for easier drawing, and your shirt covers the area where the pocket is so no worries about printing. It's also alot more comfortable, when you sit down with a gun in your front pocket your pants pull tight and leaves an even more noticeable bulge. If you wear a belt the gun doesn't move at all either. I have been carrying this way for over 2 years now, haven't used an IWB holster since.

2q9fgjs.jpg
[/IMG]

I tried the Mika holster and it wasn't right for me. When I pocket carry, I use a pocket holster from Pocket Concealment Systems. The opposite side from the picture is completely flat, so the bulge is minimal when viewed by another. The molded side is shown and holds the gun securely, yet allows a smooth draw. They are pricier than the Mika.

I feel that this isn't how a pocket carry setup should look. One can clearly see a definite bulge, does it look unnatural or does it shout "gun", or does this look okay? Is bulging acceptable with pocket carry if there is no printing of a "gun" shape? And is my gun printing a "gun" shape? I bought a S&W M642 under the impression that it would be great for carrying in the pocket, but I'm not sure I'm getting good results with it!

No one looks at your pockets. No. One.

I like these jeans because they are more comfortable and I prefer the color. Does this look like an improvement over my original pics or should I go back to my old jeans?

Wear what ever you are comfortable with! The facts haven't changed. Other people aren't looking at your pockets!!!
Now if you take a large sausage, and stuff it down.............Never mind! :D

I almost always wear Wrangler Relaxed Fit jeans and easily carry my Ruger KLCR, or my Ruger LC9. In earlier years I carried a Bersa 380CC, and later a KT PF9, also without problems. Never been asked about my pocket junk, but if I was, I would say "pocket junk", why do you ask? And to follow up it would be MYOB.

I carry either a Taurus 651 .357, or a Ruger LCP in a Versacarry holster. Probably the most minimal out there, and frees up your pockets.

This is my 380

avu7uga8.jpg

And here is my Taurus

eqyrevab.jpg

ypesute8.jpg

You might want to try those, they're only about $25 from versacarry.com, and a few dollars cheaper on Amazon.

No one looks at your pockets. No. One.

This, +100. In this day and age, very few people even look up. They've got their faces glued to their cell phones AND people have become so used to seeing cell phone cases on belts that even if you go open-carry 99% of folks wouldn't notice.

Last year we were working on the land, and I had to go to Wal-Mart to pick up something. I forgot I was strapped and walked into the store with a 7.5" Ruger Super Blackhawk on my belt. No one said a word. I didn't remember I was carrying until I was in the checkout line, and couldn't believe that no one even seemed to notice.

No one is going to notice that bulge in your pocket. Trust me. Most people are oblivious.

As Mae West would say " Is that a Gun in your pocket or you just happy to see me" :D:D Sorry could not help it with all the looking at my pocket. I have found it very slow to draw from a jeans pocket YMMV. But you need to follow the same directions it takes to get to Carnege Hall Practice practice practice.

I have been carrying a gun in my front pocket for years. If someone is staring at the front of your pants it probably is not a gun issue.

I pocket carried a Taurus TCP for years and was nervous people would notice. No one EVER does. Even when I take it out or put it in when I get in/out of the car no one notices because it is black and the holster is black so people think its a phone or tablet. Even when I wear loose basketball shorts people don't notice. The holster really breaks up the outline. I went with a rectangular shaped nylon KNJ holster for that reason.

I have gone to a IWB carry with a larger gun though. I never liked having to take the gun out when I got in the car and put it back in my pocket when I got out. Accidents happen with too much handling. But, it is near to impossible to draw from a pocket while seated with a seatbelt on.

But, it is near to impossible to draw from a pocket while seated with a seatbelt on.

Even without a seatbelt, don't bother drawing while seated - I've tried to practice this under pressure - I come up "dead" every time. :(

there is a simple fix to pocket carry access. wear an appendix IWB for the same gun. you transition as needed.

of course this doesn't work well for a tucked in shirt so this option will work with ankle carry for the same gun, you transition as needed.

and if youre one of the very few who tuck in their shirt and wear shorts at the same time, I don't know what to tell you.

and if youre one of the very few who tuck in their shirt and wear shorts at the same time, I don't know what to tell you.

Yep - that's me! And, a belt. The solution is cargo shorts - outer pocket with velcro flap works good. But, tucked in shirt and dress slacks - there isn't a perfect solution. But, there are solutions - you just have to work around the fact that you can't draw from a pocked while seated. So, if you are threatened while seated, you need to get unseated, if you pocket carry. The next time you are eating lunch at Wendy's while pocket carrying, think about what you would do if two thugs stormed through one of the doors with guns. If you do this mental exercise, you will see that there are many options to simply sitting there and struggling to get your gun out of your pocket.

It's hard to totally hide a gun-sized object in the front pocket of jeans, but a revolver is harder to hide than a flat auto, which is why my EDC is a Kahr PM9 which fits perfectly in the slash pocket of cargo shorts. If I'm wearing jeans, the PM9 is in a belt or paddle holster, and I find something to cover it with. That said, the next time you're in the market or mall, take a look at the pockets of those you pass (without making it so obvious you get busted for being a pervert). People carry all kinds of junk in pockets, from bulky cellphones to bunches of keys on a ring to the sandwich they forgot to eat three days ago. Identifying what the object is is almost impossible, and aside from you on this mission, nobody is looking at your pocket anyhow. Relax. I've had my plastic for 10 years and after the first month or two, you'll forget you ever worried.

That Thunderwear looks pretty interesting. Kind of like a fanny pack for concealed carry. I've been using a shoulder rig for years because having something hang off your belt creates a host of problems. This kind of takes care of that. The only thing that bugs me is that it is only designed to be worn directly up front.

You should concern yourself with the folks who do care and do look.

Not sure why. I'm not going to worry about whether a cop knows I'm carrying. I'm also not sure its a bad idea if a criminal knows people around him are carrying too.

Back