Pistol powder supply

I loaded around 10k 124gr LRN with titegroup as well. Great combo

It’s a wonder 3gr of bullseye under a 148gr wadcutter was ever able to become popular as it is without everyone loading their double charges and ruining good Smith and Wessons

It’s good to know your limitations although it’s hard to imagine some of you guys ever get anything loaded at all

BE-86 has become one of my favorites for 38 and 9mm 4.2 grains with 147 grain 9mm or 158. 38 works for me.
I think I bought it during the last shortage.

I currently have,
Bullseye
Be-86
Tight group
Herco
Unique
And American select

I haven't done anything with American select yet.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

+/- .2gr .....on a 9mm ..... load data separation from "Start Load" to "Do NOT Exceed Load" is .3gr ..... you are going to either be below the start or above the do not exceed, depending upon what you are shooting for, quite often, with that much error, and that tiny window..... whatever, it's your hand, and your gun. Blow 'em up if ya want to....

As Rangerrich said, .1 grain over max in standard 9mm, shot out of a modern +p capable pistol, when the load previously tested safe is nothing to get panties in a bunch over. It’s certainly not gonna blow your hands off. Get real, we don’t reload Willy nilly here but no one that’s been around a minute is afraid of his own shadow either.

That .3gr. max can easily be within differing components and still be well within 38+P load data. One simply has to work up with their own waepon.

Lets go to the other side of the spectrum. Hornady's MAX data for my 375 RUM is well below START data from AA / Western, Hodgdons / WIN, IMR. Do I consider their START DATA to be in HANG FIRE territory? I certainly question it as it is so far below the distrubutors data.

TG max means approach with due caution. Proper care taken means you may or may not find a great load. You will find a useable load but it may or may not be to your satisfaction. The joy of the previous shortages is that we have found loads that we wouldn't have even tried in normal circumstances.

Moving on to BE-86 :p

BE-86 has become one of my favorites

I bought a # of BE-86 to work on some defense ammo with a flash suppressant. I made some 135 GDHP SB's for 38 and 357 and results were pretty good. I have since moved on to make other HP ammo; and all around, I am very pleased with it.

Flash suppressant aside, BE-86 seems to be in a good burn rate location. It's a little faster than Power Pistol; and that seems to be a sweet spot. It makes really good +P 38 Special ammo. I love the 125gn +P's I've made with it. Gonna make some more tomorrow.

I didn't intend to become fond of BE-86. I bought it just because I needed something flash suppressed. Yet, here I am really liking it too.

Back