Pillar bedding

Thank you. It is now fully bedded with pillars and everything fits. Almost tempted to take it to the range and shoot it as is just to see it at work.

Next will be to fit a recoil pad and then using a lot of sandpaper.

Anyone with recommendations on a recoil pad? Right now looking at Pachmayr, LimbSaver, KickEEZ, and Hogue. Leaning now to the Pachmayr D752B in red and adding a white line spacer.

I use Limbsaver, but that's just me.
Belt sander saves a TON of time when fitting a recoil pad!

I saw someone post about the Savage plastic stocks prone to breakage.
I have 5 plastic stocked Savages, several of which i've hunted with for quite a few years now.
Aside from trying to wrap one around a tree, or running it over with your truck, i don't know how you'd break one.

Once again this will be my virgin attempt. Asked fiends at work if anyone has a stand up disk or belt sander and struck-out. Unsure how well a hand held belt sander will work? Still leaning towards the Pachmayr Red as I believe it will accentuate the Rosewood front cap and grip bottom cap. Though I suppose a brown may do the same.

When I received this broken gun I looked at the stock and how it was broken and commented that it looked like some one picked up the gun by the barrel and beat the Butt end against the ground. Swinging like an axe chop!

Don't know that I want to spend that money on a one time project. Has to be someone I know that has one.

But now that I have a little more free time here are a few more pix's;

Attachments

• Bottom metal.jpg
    Bottom metal.jpg
    607.2 KB · Views: 18
  • rear pillar.jpg
    rear pillar.jpg
    572.7 KB · Views: 19
  • bottom metal 2.jpg
    bottom metal 2.jpg
    473.5 KB · Views: 16
Back