Pick the Range Master's new Gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually I have a really bad idea. How about a Glock? I know, I know. Glocks have their problems. BUT, they are very reliable, very durable, and pretty small for the available firepower.

Let me say right now that I really don't like Glocks. But they appear to be one of the best options for CCW. It kills me to say this but I'm thinking of getting a G26 for CCW. I bought a G19 about six months ago and try as I might to hate this piece of tactical tupperware, it really has impressed me. And it almost hurt to say that!

How about a G27? Or if you are a big guy, how about a G23?

Gino, who is not a Glock guy...

Even if you hate Glock you can say one thing, they are usually much lighter than their counterparts. If you want punch at close range you cant beat a .45. If the small Sig has a polymer frame and is comfy and you dont mind the exposed hammer (not on a Glock), safety latch (not on a Glock), and dont mind your first shot being DA then by all means A Sig will do fine. But if your going to carry it for an extended period of time I would opt for a lighter, polymer pistol.

Jerky- next time you are looking to buy in the Baltimore Metro Area try Eastwoods Guns in Aberdeen 410-575-7874. Ed the owner is a fair man. Glad to se that there are other people in here from MD. - Gunfighter

------------------
When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.

Kahr K40, everybody I know who has one of these loves them. But if you have big hands like I do it might bite you a little bit. I had a hard time shooting it.

4513 TSW, good gun, but might be about the same size as the HK 40c. (and we know your feelings on the word tactical in TSW)

Sig 239, feels really good, haven't shot one though.

There is always the sigPRO 2340. With it you get the best of both worlds. great firearm and lightweight polymer frame.

Great price too. about $615 with night sights. it even comes with an accessory rail for mounting lasers/lights etc.
WWW.SIGARMS.COM
CLICK ON SIG PRO

------------------
TIM : )

I'd go with either a 40 or 45 in a Sig or Beretta. We've been searching for a 40 or 45 that the wife likes and fits her hand comfortably. 1st we were going to go with a Beretta Cougar in 40 but now she is really leaning towards a Sig 239.

We have a friend who up until a few months ago always carried a 357 revolver off duty. Now he has a 239 and LOVES it!!!!

As you know the most important thing is how the gun feels to you along with how accurate you are with the weapon.

My daily cary weapon is a customized 1911 45ACP in a Rosen ARG. While it's big and heavy to some people, I've gone the extra mile to make the effort and lifestyle changes nessary to carry this weapon on a daily basis. If I ever need a weapon (God forbid) I want somthing I KNOW will do everything I ask of it from 2 inches to 100 yards and that is my 1911.

[This message has been edited by Joey (edited October 31, 1999).]

If a full-size 1911 is too much, go for the Kimber Ultra Carry. Colt (remember Colt?) used to make a real nice small 1911. I forget what they called it.

------------------
Better days to be,

Ed

Sig 239's are very nice, but its still big compared to the new "slimline" Glock 36! 6+1 .45 ACP! That's my #1 choice for CCW. Now if I can only get the d@&* CCW here in PRK...

Awww.....come on george live on the wild side ......get a beretta tomcat in .32acp ;)......seriously(sp.?) go for the sig 239.......an origional idea huh?

------------------
frogman6

It looks like the votes are here:
#1 Sig 239 in .357 SIG
#2 HK USP 40C

I will be making a final choice soon.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

My 239 just plain disappears on my big self, and althoug I have big hands, I can still get a comfortable grip quickly. While I don't feel undergunned with a 9mm, I can see that a .357 has its appeal. The one I fired was 'snappier' than my 9, it was still quite controlable and easy to follow up with. Good luck with your new 'baby', however it turns out. M2

USP 40C: this is my wife's carry gun, and I love it.

Glock 27 or 30: I've never fired either one, but I want one. They're small, light, and lots of punch.

Well - I got it.
Before I tell you guys - let me just say this: I am HAPPY with this gun - No Compromises - Its Perfection and all the other company mottos rolled into one. It just evaporates when I tuck it IWB and it HITS everything I point it at.
Strange NO ONE gave it a vote.
KIMBER PRO CARRY!
Back to the .45 for daily duty.
The Walther got traded in...
So much for the Bond gun.

------------------
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." - Sigmund Freud
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

Since I know nothing about you, I'd have to choose based on my own preferences:

Glock 30 (the 36 looks interesting, but it's not out yet)

Kimber Ultra Carry (I want the Elite)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back