Pick One, There Is No Wrong Answer.

Seems like the Ruger Mk series .22's and various 1911 models are at the top of people's lists for fun so far.

6.5" AMT Automag II
8" 44 magnum Contender
Not that I shoot either them as much as others I have.

It's hard to settle on just one but if I HAVE too: Ruger Vaquero 45 Colt 7.5"

It's not my nicest gun by far, but it just makes me smile when I shoot it. It likes pretty much whatever I feed it, but seems to shoot the 250 grain round nose lead the best.

Cowboy!

My 629 Classic, because I can load it from mild to wild and it's the most accurate revolver I've ever had.

629-4bullets.jpg~original

My favorite to shoot would depend upon my mood at the time.

Out of what I have now it would be between my 3" S&W 65LS (shooting magnums), S&W 1911PD, and CZ 75B.

Out of everything I've ever had it would be between a full sized all steel Charles Daly 1911, .40S&W SIG P229, CZ 75B and S&W 57.

If I must pick just one as most fun to shoot it would be impossible. One auto and one revolver, a steel framed 1911 and the S&W 57. I will probably be trading my S&W 1911PD (now that I don't carry 1911s anymore) for a full sized steel framed 1911 (probably Springfield Armory, though I may go with Rock Island Armory to save money) and I wouldn't be surprised if I buy another .41mag eventually.

This is my latest "fun" gun:

It's a Uberti/Cimarron Model 1872 Open Top Navy in .38 Special. It's really an eye catching revolver, cheap to shoot but with cartridges big enough to prevent fumbling, mild report and recoil. Crude sights and about as unsophisticated a handgun a man can get. Totally worthless for any serious shooting, but handsome and fun.

Bob Wright

And no nasty clean-up sessions after every shoot, as required for blackpowder Navies-which makes it a "fun gun" instead of a "shun gun". :)

When it comes to pure fun shooting with pistols it would be a difficult choice between my 6 inch 357 magnum and my 14 inch 357 maximum (super magnum). They are both very accurate and easy to shoot.

I was almost certain that it was my BHP. Took it and my .357 GP100 to the range yesterday and again today, and now I just don't know. The GP100 is a blast to shoot. But then so is my SP101 .22, and my P228, and my Shield 9, and especially my Model 14-7.

But overall I think the GP100 and a couple boxes of .38 and .357 is the best time I have at the range. Unless I take the Henry .357 AND the GP100, then it's a grinning-like-an-idiot twofer.

From my limited experiences so far, my favorite has been my Spring Field Range Officer 9mm.

I've experienced a Walther PPQ, PPS, Sig P320, Sig P938 and a Glock something (I've forgotten which one). The PPQ is my number 2 due to ergonomics. I liked the recoil softness of of P320 but it doesn't fit as well. The Range Officer really combines the attributes from those two for me really well. Comfortable in the hand and almost no recoil. It's just a joy to shoot.

Buckmark Contour 7.25 . . .

Currently my favorite is a Buckmark Cotour 7.25. Thing runs flawlessly and is super accurate. I had a scope on it for a while but am using open sights now. Love target shooting an plinking with the thing. Just an all around fun gun.

Life is good.
Prof Young

Simple...........mine would be my Ruger Security Six, a Stainless 1982 model w/6" barrel in .357 mag. Pick it up about 4 years ago....look like it was never or lightly used (real light) barely a turn line on the cylinder.
It need oil like you never seen and I had to remove cobwebs out of the barrel...........................:eek:
The factory wood stock were fine but I found a Hogue mono grips felt better because of the arthritis in my hands.:D

I seem to enjoy shooting one of my .45 ACP model 1911s more than anything else. Second would be my SIG-Sauer P229 in .40 S&W/357 SIG.

It depends on what I want to do with the gun and what mood I'm in; I can't narrow it down to just one or two. First off, forget the magnums; .357, .41, .44. IMHO they are special purpose instruments for hunting deer size game and up. They are certainly among my favorites but unnecessary for day to day shooting.

Three or four calibers take care of fun shooting with one stand by. Can't beat a .22LR. I will often carry my Woodsman as a companion in the bush; love it. Otherwise it might be a S&W M18 or MKI bull barrel Ruger. For centerfire I shoot mostly .38 spl WC and .45 acp. For portability it will usually be the M15 or 4" Diamondback. In .45acp my favorite is a S&W M25, followed closely by a customized Colt 1911 series 70. A .45 Colt OM Ruger BH goes with me as often as not.

More than just one or two and there are a few others but this is as brief as I can go.

Back