percussion revolver chainfires

You guys can talk about flash from poorly sealed nipples until you are blue in the face,
Screenshot-2024-08-23-220446.png

:D/m

Media Relations found a rental place for lens/camera but no one here knows how to use it. A pro with his own outfit and helpers costs thousands and I'm trying to figure out the state rules for hiring outsiders (OK or does it need to go to bidding). I sent the info to the college administration. Also trying to figure out the expenses and what licensed state vendor can provide the cap 'n ball revovlers. May need to get two grants to fund it.

You can do what you want ... but after 50 years of black powder handgunning
and not a single chain fire ... I will stand with a tight fitting ball covered with lube / grease.
It may be "Ols School " but it works ...Dad used to tell me ...
" If it ain't broke don't fix it !"
Gary

Media Relations found a rental place for lens/camera but no one here knows how to use it. A pro with his own outfit and helpers costs thousands and I'm trying to figure out the state rules for hiring outsiders (OK or does it need to go to bidding).

Have you no grad students???

I remember some physics/radiation experiment where they seated a bunch of grade students around this spherical shell around the experiment and they had to count and record the number of 'blips' or flashes of light they saw during a given amount of time.

I'm sure others can point to other things grad students have had to do, I think for little or no pay.

As you can tell I'm having a bit of fun with this but I honestly think this is a worthy project and hope you get your funding.

Good luck.

DaleA said:

Have you no grad students???

No grad students. It's a college and not a research university. When I attended it was a junior college but since then was upgraded to college that can award B.S. degrees in fields not taught at the universities here in Coloradostan.

Today I submitted my draft seeking permission to ask for a grant. I also spoke with a purchaser to learn state policy for vendors or for purchasing cap, powder, ball and wads. Apparently there is no state vendor for those objects and basically its tables/chairs/lamps/file cabinets, lightbulbs, toilet paper and paper towel - the type of stuff the state would normally buy. Since cap 'n ball are outside what the state buys, all we need is a W-9 from a vendor.

Regarding the photographer, if we have to hire a pro, we must keep it beneath $5k so we don't have to put it out for bid.

So Uberti or Pietta?

I found kits at less than $400. May go that route. I could finish the grips at school and blue the frames there.

This is day 1 after I submitted my request.

Back