Pennsylvania- October 30th, 2004- Range Report

Great Minds Think Alike... I started collecting Kerry signs today for shooting practice! No fines for taking signs, now that the election is over!!! :D

From the owners:

"Hi Jamie,"

"The gun club was not sold. I am still the owner and we are not closing. I just started our winter hours early because we have not had enough people coming in during the week to pay employees and expenses. I have a note on the door that if a group wants to come in we will accomodate them. We will also be closed during Rifle Deer season."

"Rumors, Rumors, Rumors. Sometimes I really feel important!"

Some of the land around the club may be for sale but not the club.

Celebration Shoot!

I'm up for it!

Please keep us posted and I'll try to hold the schedule open for the next month(that'll be a challenge).

So when are we doing the celebration shoot.

I'm going to recommend the 19th or 26th. Soon but not past the 29th when we will have to wait until after into December for Deer season. Granted it is only a two week wait, but I want to celebrate now dagnabbit.

I could go for the Garand thing. I don't shoot mine enough and the last couple shoots I've concetrated on bringing oddballs especially handguns for others to try out. Of course I'd still do that anyways.

And I definitely want to put some large caliber holes in that UN flag Jamie was talking about.

Not sure if I can get some more .308 by then but I'll try. I have a firing pin on the way for my 336. That's sort of high-powerish.
I always have enough 12 ga. around though so if anyone is in the mood for a little sporting clays pump-gun style, I'm in.

Mike

9mmMike

I'd be willing to contribute 160 rounds of Australian .308 to the cause if it helped get a group shoot going.

That is very kind Mike. I may ask to try a few rounds of the Aussie stuff to compare. I think I've found a guy with the same Port. 7.62 that I was shooting last weekend.
I just need the time to throw the cash together and make sure it ships soon enough for another shoot.
I will do my best.
Either way I'll bring the M1A and all the ammo that I have left. It just occurred to me that I have a buddy with a case (we bought at the same time) that he has not opened yet so maybe I can pester him for some as well as get him to bring his pre-ban M1A. Jamie loves shooting that one!
See ya,
Mike

yeah....i'd love to get out for another shoot and try out this new m1 garand that my grandfather just gave me for FREEEEEEEEEE today. he didnt care, he has 3 more of them anyway. now only if he would give me that winchester excellant condition garand or that colt ar15 A3 that he has never taken out of the plastic bag that is in the box that is in the wrapping that still has the mags in the stapled plastic thing, that is in his cellar. That one may be awhile.

I'm in -- I'm pretty sure I don't have any gun shows for a while.

9mmMike, I have a line on some cases of Port, so I'll see if I can pick up an extra for you. PM me.

Well.....

I can't afford to take off on anymore Saturdays and I can't get off on any weekdays other than Tuesdays, but W&W is closed on Tuesdays.

Its gotta be a Sunday or I can't do it.

Back