PC'd a few today.

I put mine up on little hex nuts that are under my foil, so it gets a little wrap-around effect from the powder. But that is just to make sure the sides are coated all the way down. It doesn't need coated on the bottom. It is a 1/1000" thin layer of polyester that provides friction protection to the sides. It does nothing to fire protect the base, even if it were coated down there.:)
jan29013_zps0b25c885.jpg

Conventionally lubed bullets are nekkid from the bottom of the lube groove all the way down and including the base and shoot great. :D
The lube does nothing to protect the base of those.
PC-101029_zps354e376e.jpg

I don't know anybody selling PC'd bullets.

Gateway Bullets is selling Hi-Tek coated bullets though. It's a different coating than powdercoat, but it is proving to be great for pistol bullets. (It's a tumble and bake procedure). I'm going to test some when they get the Zombie Green imported. (It's new, so they only have 3 or 4 colors available, at last I checked.)

are any of you guys selling these things?

This can get you into some muddy water fairly quick once the word gets out unless you have a FFL. I know it makes about as much sense as opening an umbrella in the rain but non the less the regs are there.

On a side note however, I don't ever even see any of these being shot,:eek: so they might as well "trade" them off on some new alloy or some of that fancy coating powder. You do know that once they get all that pretty stuff plastered all over a big ol batch of boolits they just set them up on a shelf and take pictures of them right.....:D

They do however take some REALLY great pictures. Some of us though are looking for some of those pretty little thangs all squished up and rolled back, so we can see how it all holds together other than being smacked with a hammer. Heck even a target full of holes shot at 25 - 50yds would be nice....just sayin :D You know somethin like this maybe, with little bits and pieces of that orange or red goop hanging off the edges,
attachment.php

Inquiring minds want to know, don't ya know...;)

Grizz12

You do not need a FFL to sell bullets or ammo. You do need an FFL to sell bullets or ammo that you manufacture (big difference there). I was surprised to find this out and I had no idea it was true.

Ridiculous I know, but we are talking about our government ....... There is a thread somewhere on here that explains it. If I had to make a wild a** guess, I'd guess that most manufacturers of cast bullets are not in compliance. Further, I say that what they do and what they sell is none of my business. It's not my job to enforce federal law. If were in need of cast bullets I would not hesitate to order from any of them.

hijack.gif
Somebody start a new thread about the legality of cast bullet sales. Those will last forever and take this thread off down the rabbit hole. :(

Thanks Beagle, I was wondering if the bases would need coating. Just thinking about flame protection, and/or base integrity on exit from the muzzle...

I cast and coated about 500 today. All in HF red. About half and half of:
feb15001_zps2c24476a.jpg

and 38-162-SWC (These will get gas checks)
feb15011_zps6e652214.jpg

All got one spray, one bake at 400 degrees for 20 mins, and I didn't knock a single one over when moving the tray! :D

I scored a pound of W296 at the LGS... I'm gonna light these babies up! ;)

They only had a pound. We are still out of powder around here. :rolleyes:

I didn't say I was gonna shoot em all this year! It's already February. Sheesh.:p

Back