PC'd a few today.

It's electrostatic spraying and it swirls around the bullets and sticks to the sides as well as to the top. It isn't a cloud that just relies on gravity to "settle" on the bullets. I just spray it at an angle from the side, but fairly steep, and you do have to realize that after the powder bakes down - it is only .001 thick. That isn't enough to fill up a HP. If perhaps you were to drown them from the top (spraying straight down), you might fill up some of the HP but the powder would still cook down and I doubt it'd be even 1/3 filled when cured. The powder just swirls around the bullets and sticks mostly to the outside, since they are electrically attractive during the process. The HP is coated around the top on the inside, but not always. Sometimes it's bare lead colored in the bottom 1/3 of the hollow. :)

Here's how they look after spraying:
PC-101009_zps134cf5dc.jpg

And after baking:
PC-101016_zps4d784939.jpg

This is a candy color, not HF red. The candy colors, for some reason, wicks up to the bullet when it is curing. HF red doesn't do that during baking.

Hay Beagle? What mold are those from? They look beautiful. I may have to start an other thread on HP's.... Your input would be great!

I'm guessing Beagle uses non stick aluminum foil?

I didn't know there was such a thing. My bullets stuck to the foil and now I have bullets with shiny butts.

What mold are which ones from?

I do use Reynolds non-stick foil.

There is nothing in the barrel afterward. It's as slick as a new one. :)

Snow day today! No work and no school. :)

NOE 360160 WFN, in HF red and Lagoon green.
(and a little of whatever color was used last in the powder jar);)
I put the checks on em because I'm loading them for Mom to shoot in her Marlin.
feb13011_zps6e37fbbb.jpg

feb13015_zps7b021f90.jpg

What on earth is your gas checks? They old pop cans?
They look Beautiful.. Keep them pix coming if you don't mind. Just makes me more and more excited to do this this summer.

Also today, made a couple of trays of Accurate 359-162V
feb13016_zps9b541040.jpg

And some 358665 for a friend's new Rossi. (yes, they were sprayed with two different batches of powder)
feb13022_zpsb60753e2.jpg

And both of these were some older bullets that I had stored after tumbling in LLA. So I tumbled em in a coffee can with some gasoline, air dried, and then a quick swirl with some lacquer thinner to get the gas smell off 'em, then air dried and sprayed.

Last edited:
You know, I have an old beat up gun that I have been attempting to restore. But after getting a lot of the rust off, I found there this some real bad pitting. I wonder what it would look like if I powder coated it in strait up black?

Would it be worth a try? Any ideas?

What do the bases on the non-checked bullets look like? I've been playing with dry tumbling in powder and baking but the bases don't get covered that way...

Back