Paul finally gave up his principles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lemme see here:

white racism = bad
black racism = ok
brown racism = chic

Paul is merely being consistent. BTW, I am not a Paul supporter but I do admire his consistency and adherence to principal.

Similar to the whole earmark thing, this is just a pathetic attempt to take something out of context and try to make RP look bad since it's impossible to dig up any real dirt on him.

Unless I am mistaken, being a racist is your right. You can be a racist if you want. I can not vote for you if I want.

Why is being a racist nearly a crime in this country? If I punch you because you are wearing a red hat, that is somehow less of an issue than if I refuse to serve you lunch because of your race?

first off, i havent jumped on hillary or obama. the only issue with hillary i know about is her possibly accepting donations from an illegal donor or accepting funds that were raised in an illegal way. thats a whole new ballgame, which i addressed already and you conveniently ignored, when i said, "unless the guy is a felon"

And all those donations from the chinese? Your ok with those as well I assume since they are legal?

actually, you have insinuated that paul is a racist if he does not send back the money. at the very least, you have said he is a bad person. i disagree. several other people in this thread, and ron paul himself, have already stated my position on the matter.

I know. I'm just curious how it feels to have to defend someone taking money from a bigot.

Like I said, men of principle wouldn't take money from someone like this. Dressing it up in the veil of "it doesn't matter" or "its only 500" or "it won't influence him" only sidesteps the issue.

I don't know whether Paul is a racist or not. I do know that having so many ties to supremacist groups seems very odd to just be a coincidence. All that aside however, I've had the privilege to know several principled men, and none of them would ever dream of taking money from an organization like this.

When you view the world in right an wrong as Paul claims to do, things like this are simple. They are so simple in fact, that lots of other candidates in the past have refused funds and support from people like this as well.

Paul has a principled position on campaign donations: If they were legally made, he doesn't return them.

Paul actually HAS violated his principles on a few occasions, like his vote for a federal partial birth abortion ban. But you know something? You've gotta have principles to get caught violating them. There aren't a lot of members of Congress who ever let the Constitution get in the way of something they actually want, and Paul is one of those few, even if he does once in a while waiver.

Ron is a man of principle, no argument there. The problem is he hasn't updated his information since he formed his worldview 50 years ago.

forkslapush said:
Ron is a man of principle, no argument there. The problem is he hasn't updated his information since he formed his worldview 50 years ago.

lol yea. but its more like he formed his worldview 50 years ago based on a worldview from 230 years ago. there are those of us who believe that the founding fathers discovered the most perfect ideology man can hope to hold to. an ideology is timeless, it doesnt change with the whims of humans. if it was right 230 years ago, its right today.

I do know that having so many ties to supremacist groups seems very odd to just be a coincidence.

Ties? How about offering some proof rather than tossing around insinuations.

Ties? How about offering some proof rather than tossing around insinuations.

Quoted from a Huston Chronicle Article on Ron Paul:

A 1992 newsletter by Republican congressional candidate Ron Paul highlighted portrayals of blacks as criminally inclined and lacking sense about top political issues.

Reporting on gang crime in Los Angeles, Paul commented: "If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Paul, a Surfside obstetrician who won the GOP nomination in the 14th District runoff by defeating incumbent Rep. Greg Laughlin, said Wednesday he opposed racism.

..."Given the inefficiencies of what DC laughingly calls the criminal justice system, I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal."

http://wonkette.com/politics/dept'-...s-about-all-blacks-being-criminals-261014.php

http://www.thebluestate.com/2007/05/ron_pauls_racis.html

In later years Ron Paul went on to write a regular column published by the Barnes Review, a company that praises Adolf Hitler and denies the holocaust ever happened.

There's no doubt at all that Paul has racist views.

how about an actual contextual quote? hit pieces are nice, and maybe its accurate, but i get awful pissed when the media misquotes or spins limbaugh or hannity, and i dont even particularly like them. maybe you could extend the same courtesy to those you disagree with?

cool hand luke 22:36 said:
Quoted from a Huston Chronicle Article on Ron Paul:

funny, your very unbiased citations :rolleyes: both had this to say about the issue:

http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=377205 said:
This is old news and has been brought up in the past.

Excerpt:

"When I ask him why, he pauses for a moment, then says, "I could never say this in the campaign, but those words weren't really written by me. It wasn't my language at all. Other people help me with my newsletter as I travel around. I think the one on Barbara Jordan was the saddest thing, because Barbara and I served together and actually she was a delightful lady." Paul says that item ended up there because "we wanted to do something on affirmative action, and it ended up in the newsletter and became personalized. I never personalize anything."

His reasons for keeping this a secret are harder to understand: "They were never my words, but I had some moral responsibility for them . . . I actually really wanted to try to explain that it doesn't come from me directly, but they campaign aides said that's too confusing. 'It appeared in your letter and your name was on that letter and therefore you have to live with it.'" It is a measure of his stubbornness, determination, and ultimately his contrarian nature that, until this surprising volte-face in our interview, he had never shared this secret. It seems, in retrospect, that it would have been far, far easier to have told the truth at the time. "

I have been reading Ron Paul's articles, OP-eds and speeches for over 12 years, and he has never been disrespectful or bigoted toward any segment. His record speaks for itself and this incident is an anomaly that appears to be the result of inept/malicious staffer.

Ron Paul's support for the PLO:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/weblog/?entry=27860_Ron_Pauls_Old_Newsletter_Revealed&only

The Ron Paul Political Report

Volume I Number 1

Page 6

GOLD EAGLES AND LEAD BALLOONS

Each month I will award Gold Eagles to champions of freedom and Lead Balloons to statists. Please send me your suggestions.

A LEAD BALLOON to Jack Kemp (R-NY) and Bob Dole (R-KS) who have introduced legislation to forcibly close the Palestinian Information Office in Washington. They would also ban delegates from the Palestinian Liberation Organization at the United Nations. The authors call this bill an "Anti-Terrorism Act." But what about terrorism that uses government force to suppress free expression in this country?

Mr. Paul also wrote that "By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government" and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism

This is old news and has been brought up in the past.

It's not old news when one considers that he is still accepting campaign donations from KKK Grand Wizards and writing columns that appear in racist newspapers.

But hey, Dr. No, the world's greatest authority on the Libertarian philosophy of personal responsibility, has explained how it was all the fault of his staffers.

Ron Paul's support for the PLO

im not familiar with the issue in the quote, but you seem to confuse a desire for neutrality with support. i do find it highly amusing that you are so willing to use the same hit and run tactics that you decry the MSM media for though. lets provide a bunch of one line quotes without any context or supporting data, and then claim that hes a racist. the height of intellectual discourse.

It's not old news when one considers that he is still accepting campaign donations from KKK Grand Wizards and writing columns that appear in racist newspapers.

But hey, Dr. No, the world's greatest authority on the Libertarian philosophy of personal responsibility, has explained how it was all the fault of his staffers.

you win, hes a bigot of the highest order. hes prolly a kkk member himself.

http://web.archive.org/web/20070512...chronicle/aol-metropolitan/96/05/23/paul.html

9:16 PM 5/22/1996

Newsletter excerpts offer ammunition to Paul's opponent
GOP hopeful quoted on race, crime
By ALAN BERNSTEIN
Copyright 1996 Houston Chronicle Political Writer

Texas congressional candidate Ron Paul's 1992 political newsletter highlighted portrayals of blacks as inclined toward crime and lacking sense about top political issues.

Under the headline of "Terrorist Update," for instance, Paul reported on gang crime in Los Angeles and commented, "If you have ever been robbed by a black teen-aged male, you know how unbelievably fleet-footed they can be."

Paul, a Republican obstetrician from Surfside, said Wednesday he opposes racism and that his written commentaries about blacks came in the context of "current events and statistical reports of the time."

Selected writings by Paul were distributed Wednesday by the campaign of his Democratic opponent, Austin lawyer Charles "Lefty" Morris.

Morris said many of Paul's views are "out there on the fringe" and that his commentaries will be judged by voters in the November general elections.

Paul said allegations about his writings amounted to name-calling by the Democrats and that his opponents should focus instead on how to shrink government spending and reform welfare.

Morris and Paul are seeking the 14th Congressional District seat held by Greg Laughlin of West Columbia. Laughlin lost the Republican primary to Paul, a former congressman and the Libertarian Party's 1988 presidential candidate.

Paul, writing in his independent political newsletter in 1992, reported about unspecified surveys of blacks.

"Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions, i.e. support the free market, individual liberty and the end of welfare and affirmative action,"Paul wrote.

Paul continued that politically sensible blacks are outnumbered "as decent people." Citing reports that 85 percent of all black men in the District of Columbia are arrested, Paul wrote:

"Given the inefficiencies of what D.C. laughingly calls the `criminal justice system,' I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal," Paul said.

Paul also wrote that although "we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational. Black men commit murders, rapes, robberies, muggings and burglaries all out of proportion to their numbers."

A campaign spokesman for Paul said statements about the fear of black males mirror pronouncements by black leaders such as the Rev. Jesse Jackson, who has decried the spread of urban crime.

Paul continues to write the newsletter for an undisclosed number of subscribers, the spokesman said.

Writing in the same 1992 edition, Paul expressed the popular idea that government should lower the age at which accused juvenile criminals can be prosecuted as adults.

He added, "We don't think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That's true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such."

Paul also asserted that "complex embezzling" is conducted exclusively by non-blacks.

"What else do we need to know about the political establishment than that it refuses to discuss the crimes that terrify Americans on grounds that doing so is racist? Why isn't that true of complex embezzling, which is 100 percent white and Asian?" he wrote.

In later newsletters, Paul aimed criticism at the Israeli government's U.S. lobbying efforts and reported allegations that President Clinton used cocaine and fathered illegitimate children.

Stating that lobbying groups who seek special favors and handouts are evil, Paul wrote, "By far the most powerful lobby in Washington of the bad sort is the Israeli government" and that the goal of the Zionist movement is to stifle criticism.

Relaying a rumor that Clinton was a longtime cocaine user, Paul wrote in 1994 that the speculation "would explain certain mysteries" about the president's scratchy voice and insomnia.

"None of this is conclusive, of course, but it sure is interesting," he said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back