Panic shortage

Here in Kalyforrnya we're doing the two step. First is the election hoarding and a few months after that the ammo permit\background check\possible purchase limit starts.
So yes, for us here it's gonna be bad.

For me, I'm done buying ammo. Now I only buy components and load my own... ;)

I haven't bought any loaded ammo in years, I reload every caliber I shoot including shotguns. All I buy is components.

It's the reason why I'm buying. Before the election, I'm hoping I have a Glock, AR-15, and M700. Pretty sure Hillary will win and the guns will outlawed to certain degree.

POTUS Panic?

I'm still confused over the run on rimfire 22????? :confused:

I remember 380ACP shortage and the 7.62x39 shortage said to be because of the demands of the WoT and arming the Iraqis. Oh and the 'Green Tip' scare.

For a several long months P-mags were out of stock and when available were priced on the 'Arm&Leg' or 'Kidney' levels. A local gun builder was said to be a year on back order.

Johny Carson caused a toilet paper shortage during the time of the OPEC boycott.

If you shoot, have some backlog of ammo and components. I try to go for 2 years worth. If something really bad happened, I would stop competing and have enough ammo for a LONG time.

The only firearms I could see myself wanting at this point are hunting shotguns or boltguns.

That said, yes, there are going to be a number of people that panic buy. There is a new 4 year window of people who could not buy firearms during the previous panic that are now. I have a local 21 year old acquaintance that is working a 2nd job, while going to college, and all of the money he makes ($100/week) off of it is going to guns and ammo. I still get an inquiry weekly form some other acquaintance wanting to buy 1 or 2 pistols and an AR or a shotgun for the impending zombieness or some other thing that they are not sure how to articulate. I typically have fun with it..."how much food and water do you have...none? No need for guns, you won't make it a week."

I have a goal of two years worth of ammo for at least a weekly range session.

The 2008 panic caught me with my pants down and I went two years without any meaningful shooting; so two years is my benchmark.

Well, it has created some shortages, but all in all it seems like manufacturers are keeping up with the demand. Palmetto State Arms is perpetually out of stock on lowers, but I asked them to email me when they are back in stock, and within a week I had my lower, and two days later it was delivered to my FFL. I'm more concerned about gouging. Check this dude out on Gunbroker. And he went totally psycho on me when I asked why he is gouging.

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/596599183

I was in rickyricks boat during the ammo shortage, now I am stocked up well enough to continue with range sessions, at least with my popular range firearms, to weather a couple years of panic.

Sure there will be panic buying. There has been since the end of August. Even if Hillary wins and the Dems take over the House and Senate, nothing is going to happen until February or March of next year.

I haven't noticed any panic buying, but I also haven't purchased anything firearms related in a few months. I'm actually prepared for once.

I can't tell you how happy I am that my firearms aren't going to be worth more than I payed for them and that I can just run by the store and pick up a box of ammo for the range without worrying about any panic buying induced shortages....:D. This is a good news day!!

I can't tell you how happy I am that my firearms aren't going to be worth more than I payed for them and that I can just run by the store and pick up a box of ammo for the range without worrying about any panic buying induced shortages..... This is a good news day!!

Unless you live in California of course. You now get to pass a background check to buy ammo. Which of course likely means no more internet sales of ammo.

Unless you live in California of course. You now get to pass a background check to buy ammo. Which of course likely means no more internet sales of ammo.

Wow. That is awful. Without internet companies to keep ammunition prices in line Californians will be paying triple what the rest of the country pays for ammunition if they aren't already.

For us Kalyforrnya it means places like WallyWorld will stop selling ammo which eliminates our only instate source of inexpensive factory ammo. Of course lack of competition means higher prices.
I looked at WallyWorld today and the Win 40 S&W 200 packs are $56 (which is already way higher than the 250 packs are Texas) and Perfecta 50 packs $13.54. I then went to a couple of LGS's and generic 40 S&W is going for in $22.00 range.
Can you imagine what it will be in January plus background check fees?

As I understand the new laws, we cant even bring back ammo purchased out of state without breaking the law. Get caught, lose gun rights. Fun huh?...

Local reloading components are going up too. I paid $38 each for 2 bricks of Win small pistol primers. Up $4 each from a month ago... Can't hardly wait to see what it will be in March!

At least the Sig I want is still in stock and I'm picking it up tomorrow. (Well, not picking it up. Buying it and waiting my 10 days to pick it up)

Back