Outdoor gun range fees geez.

Never heard of charging by the gun? Anyhow, the outdoor range I go to, only 2 or 3 times a year, charges $30 per day, 8:00am to dusk. Free on your birthday which I always take advantage of. The indoor range I go to, 25 yard, all non magnum pistols and .22 rifles is $65 per year, 24 hour access.

Private club. Membership it $200/year. To use the rifle range is $5/visit, or an additional $25/year which I pay. I have access to all the shotgun sports, campground, fishing and archery ranges as well. Other side of the county, about 20-30 minute drive depending on traffic.

Outdoor range open to the public.

Skeet/5 stand I forgot what they charge per flurry. Members get a per flurry discount.

Pistol range up to 25 yards
Rifle range 10 lanes of 25 yards. 15 lanes of 100 yards.

Portapotty at the pistol and rifle range. There is a nice clean restroom in the club house with a full service shop as well.

Price is $25 a month with a recurring credit card monthly. $200 per year for pistol, rifle range, full price per flurry for skeet. $255 gets a heavy discount for skeet flurries.

Single day price is $15 for an hour. $30 all day.

I pay for the year. Also I get one guest in for half price.

The indoor range is 15 yards. $15 per hour single person. $21 for two or more people for a single lane. Machine guns can be rented for $15 plus buying the expensive range ammo. Fun to do every now and again.

My membership range is $100/year, unlimited use. I shoot for about 2 hours every Sunday. I definitely get my money's worth.

(...) Other side of the county, about 20-30 minute drive depending on traffic.
That's one thing that always makes me laugh, when thinking about different parts of the country.

Under certain circumstances, it may be easier for me to drive to the next state, than the next county.

It takes about an hour (at 80 mph!) to drive to the other end of the county that I live in.
When I lived in Florida, I went through three counties on a 22 minute commute.

Where I typically shoot in Utah, it's possible to cross the county at its northern most border in about an hour on the Interstate. But using the 'main roads' (maintained gravel, at best) can take up to three hours to get across the county. But, it's a 7,200 square mile county - almost exactly six times the size of Rhode Island, a bit bigger than Connecticut, and almost as big as New Jersey. :eek:

When I was in North Carolina last week, I went through 4 counties each way on a 21 mile drive to and from the closest city.

And where I hunt Elk, there are almost zero paved, or even maintained, roads in a very rugged 700 square mile county. Crossing either direction, east-west could easily take 6+ hours in good conditions, possibly a day or more in the winter.

ODNR range with rangers supervising: $25 a year.
Indoor private: $12 a day. I'm not a fan of indoor ranges though. That is also unlimited access to the facilities outdoor ranges which I believe go to 100 yards. I've never used the outdoor ranges.

Everywhere else local is hourly. A "membership" just gets you a discounted rate. Too steep for me.

$130 annual dues, $3.00 for use per day. Outdoor range strict rules, no human shaped targets, no rapid firing and must bench rest center fire rifles.
The firing line opens at 9AM Tuesday thru Sunday.

One range is $120 for year open tues-sat 8-5, membership covers spouse and kids below age of 18.

Another range is $315 yr, open 7 days a week and 10-12 hrs a day.
Members can bring a guest for no cost, additional guests are $10

( or $185/ yr and $5 daily fee)

Or nonmembers/non guests are $25 daily.

SE Wisconsin. There are 3 outdoor clubs within 30min from me, a fourth is almost an hr. away. Costs range from $35.00 a year to $200.00 a year. Their daily fee ranges from $10.00 a day to $20.00 per hour per shooter.

Closest indoor range in about 20min. depending on traffic. There are a good number of indoor ranges within an hr.

The one range has a senior discount which makes if affordable to me all others are $20.00 hour and up. A couple I will not even conceder because they are outrageous with their fees and want yearly memberships.

Being on a fixed income shooting indoors gets cost prohibitive when the wife and I both go. At $40.00 per hr. for the 2 of us it really limits the amount we go.

In a state like Wisconsin with their outdoor tourism and the DNR there would be more available places to shoot.

12 bucks per person. No limit on number of guns or how long you shoot.
And if you start on rifles and want to switch later pay 2 bucks and move. Again as many guns and as long as you want.
Thats just one near me.
I have NLT 20 within about an hr drive (some close 15 min) depending on which one I visit.
Another "older" not so fancy on is 10/shooter no gun or time limit but need to go in AM in PM sun shines right on the line and your looking straight at the sun later in day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I'm kinda lucky.

I have a large outdoor facility 15 minutes from my house. For a $200 a year membership I get to use the 25 yard, 50 yard, 100 yard and clay throwers unlimited all day. For $6 more/day I can shoot at the 100 to 300 yard range all day. There is a nice trap/skeet setup there that I've never actually even seen live. I've seen it in a video. :) Also for (I think) $5 I can go play on the plinking range all day. All the ranges have at least partial cover (roofs and walls) and the 100 and 100/300 ranges are 3/4ths enclosed. Minimum of 1 RO per area keeping things going. The other benefit for me at least, as a reloader is brass galore. I love going to the 25 yard range later in the day on a summer weekend when all the volume shooters/weekend snipers are gone. More brass than you can imagine.....

Considering how often I shoot, I make that $16 per person per all day pass pay for itself several times over in a year of membership.

Like everything else, it's more expensive on the left coast. It's $350 per year per family. For unlimited use of trap ranges, handgun ranges, plinking range, and rifle ranges. No hourly rates and members only.

That cheaper than $60/year for dues?

Property taxes are going to be owed regardless of shooting (not the only reason the property is owned) and in addition, look at the savings to not have to drive somewhere to shoot. Also, you tend to shoot more when you can step out the door and shoot.

There are no State Owned ranges near me in coastal NC. Back in the Peoples Republic of MD I could shoot for $25.00 all year at the Myrtle Grove range in Charles County. It was a first come first served affair that relied on volunteer range officers. (Yes, I was one of those!) It was quite a bargain if you could shoot on a weekday. OK, if you could get there well before opening time on a weekend.

The closest range that is open to the public here in NC charges $15.00 per day for the unlimited use of their rifle and pistol ranges. To my way of thinking this is not a bad deal at all. They always have range officers present and they are very accommodating. You can shoot the ammo of your choice including handloads. :)

I'm a member of one range that charges me about $130 annually. That provides unlimited access to the rifle and pistol ranges but there are additional fees for using the shotgun facilities. It tends to be very busy on the weekends and they often have matches on Saturday and Sunday. I usually take a day off work and visit during the week to use it--especially if I want to use the rifle range.

For single visits to other outdoor ranges in the area, the fees are $10-$30, and most of them will also charge you an additional "membership" fee of $5 to $30, either on your first visit or annually. Fees are usually for daily access--stay as long as you like--and it's unusual around here for them to charge you extra if you bring additional guns. Some ranges charge more to use rifle range facilities beyond 100yards and/or will charge a little extra if you want access to both rifle and pistol facilities.

Back