One 40 S&W

My P226/40 is a keeper.

Should have kept my HK USP40

My early Gen4 G22 was a disappointment. I let it go, then got my Gen4 G21 and never looked back.

My biggest issue with .40S&W is that it’s not .45ACP

I have had 2 GLOCK 24`s for several years now and have really fallen in love with them. I use them for all most everything. From my house guns with lights, lazers and extended magazines. To the Guns that I carry most often when I am just out and about, going for a walk in the woods falling a stream or river. I have taken alot of varmints with them, to include several Coyotes and Pigs while out just messing around.
ken

I kinda wish I'd gotten one of the police turn in .40 Glocks my dealer was selling at one time (I have no idea the model number). Only because they were cheap. I've never had much interest in the .40 cartridge itself.

Glock G23.4, w/ a 5.3" .357SIG conversion Bbl.

Subsonic .40/180 gr. for social work, and .357SIG/Hornady Custom 147 gr. XTP (or S&B 140 gr. FMJ-FP) at > 1300 fps for the woods.

(the Hornady Custom 147 gr. XTP uses a non-catalog bullet, designed like a .357 mag revolver round)

Real work-horse pistol.

Red

Probably a DAO Sig P229.

Such trigger smoothness I've Never experienced on any other handgun.

And little perceived 'stacking', just 7 lbs. pull.

Are such smooth triggers typically stock/normal with the DAO 229?

I've got 6 40's in the safe, but if I were down to just one, it'd have to be the 4th Gen Glock 23. With the 1st Gen M&P40 with an Apex sear a close runner up.

The PX4 Storm from Beretta. It is a very comfortable shooter. Capacity is good. It is just fantastic but if you plan to carry it, you'll want to swap out for flush-fitting decocking levers.

Beretta Px4

I don't own a Px4, yet, nor is the one I'm likely to buy gonna be a .40 (I'd rather do 9mm) but if it's only one .40 I feel that it's a great choice. Wide grip, recoil mitigating action, hammer fired... really all I want in a .40 pistol these days.

G22 pushes back politely as my hand loads are fired through it and hit exactly what I’m aiming at, every time. I can also easily get stick mags. I vote G22.

Back