One 40 S&W

Happy New Year...stay healthy troops!

Of the the .40's I own, it's a tie tie between a Browning Hi Power .40, and a Colt Gold Cup Elite .40, (a pretty rare gun...probably shouldn't be shooting it!). The Colt is the accuracy winner, the BHP has the best grip feel, ...love 'em both but I'd not part willingly with either.

BTW, the rest of the pack includes a Bersa Ultra Compac Pro, a Sig P226 Mk 25 with .40 Exchange Unit, and a Gen 3 Glock 23...good guns all, but not 'Contenders'.

YMMv Rod

If you could have just one pistol in 40 S&W, which would you choose?

Do not overthink this. Whatever the situation is, you can have just one pistol in 40 S&W. You have your whole collection of guns. You can swap it for another and buy more guns. Assume that the limit is not legal, but for some sort of personal reason such as not quite believing 40 S&W is the ultimate semiauto caliber, but secretly hoping it really is 40 Deathray.

I have had no cause, ever, to complain about my XD40 Service. Despite what "the Innernet" alleges, I have never had a problem with it.

Kahr CW40

cw40%20thumbnail_IMG_5367.jpg

CW40_%20CCW%20pocket%20thumbnail_IMG_5368.jpg

I have a Glock 27. Its been my only .40 since I got it in 1996. Its my most carried gun for the last 25 years so I guess that answers it for me.

I have a 3rd gen G22 and carried it on duty. Really like that gun. However I also have the 229 with 2 barrels.

My vote goes for the Sig with 2 options.

That would be my Smith & Wesson California Highway Patrol 4006TSW.

attachment.php

Then I would get conversion barrels for my other .40s so that I could still keep them. ;)

I only own two 40’s. Both issued to me. My G35 that we were allowed to buy when we went to Glock 22’s. And the 22 that the association buys for retiring Officers. Both have my badge number in the serial number.

The 35 was three random letters and then -127 (they blocked a series for us)
And, the 22 is actually our dept initials and -127. XPD127.

Thought that was pretty cool.

The 35 is a great gun. Though kinda big. I had to give up my 1911 for the issue Glock.
The 22 is a really good all around gun.

I’d carry, or buy, either of them again.

I have 3 currently .... Sig 239 , Sig 226 all stainless , Sig X5 L1 model .../ ( I sold a Wilson Protector model, 5" all stainless several years ago )...

I like a heavy gun in .40 .... so I will keep the X5 L1 model .... and pass the other 2 on to one of the adults in family ( my 25 year old grandaughter likes the Sig 239 - so that is hers ... ).... the 226 all stainless - we will have to see..

Smith & Wesson Performance Center 4006 Limited

I actually shoot my CZ Tac Sport in .40cal more often, but you made me choose.

I have an Inox 96 and a M&P 2.0 5" barrel.
AS good as the Smith is I would hang on the the Beretta if one had to go.:(

Posed myself with this same question 13 years ago. My research brought me to the Springfield Armory XDM40 as my first 40 S&W purchase. It has been an excellent pistol. I also have a 357Sig barrel for it. The only issue being, when I placed it in the safe it must have procreated because several other 40 caliber pistols have since appeared.

lee n. field said:
I have had no cause, ever, to complain about my XD40 Service. Despite what "the Innernet" alleges, I have never had a problem with it.

Same, here. I can't get enough of it. Been one of my bedside guns for a looooong time.

I do in fact have one handgun chambered in .40 S&W - a Glock 22 Gen 4. I am quite happy with that purchase.

I also invested in a drop-in 9mm conversion barrel and some Glock 17 mags, and it works flawlessly with both calibers.

I would lean toward a Sig P229 an H&K USP40 or an H&K P30.

I’m not sure what you mean by “Assume that the limit is not legal, but for some sort of personal reason such as not quite believing 40 S&W is the ultimate semiauto caliber, but secretly hoping it really is 40 Deathray.”

Back