Once and for all submit.......

Sig's yesterday, Sig's today, and Sig's tommorrow!!!:D:)
The "classic" P series; world rekown for craftsmanship,
reliability, and accuracy. If you don't believe me, try
a P210, P220, P226, or even a P228; then admitt the results.
In the hands of a serious handgunner, they are very deadly.

Best Wishes,
Sig-Aholic, aka: Ala Dan - Life Member N.R.A.

I have shot quite a few rounds through other people's Glocks. but I doubt I will ever buy one. THey simply do not fit my hand and so do not shoot properly for me.

Hard Ball, those are my sentiments exactly

Every time I shoot someone else's Glock at the range I shoot well with it, often better than the owner. But the gun's just not right, not for me anyway.

Air Tech, you're right, Glocks do what I wnat them to, which is to stay out of my gunsafe. To reiterate:

Glocks: Don't own one, don't need one, don't want one.

[Edited by Ledbetter on 01-29-2001 at 02:56 PM]

A Call for unity......

Airhead, you're right, Glocks do what I wnat them to, which is to stay out of my gunsafe. To reiterate:

What is going wrong with TFL? The last few days, people are resorting to name calling, flaming, and general bad manners. Last time I checked, this sort of conduct violates TFL rule #3. Please people: can we start acting like polite adults?

His name is Airtech, please address him correctly gentlemen.

[Edited by Quantum Singularity on 01-26-2001 at 03:20 PM]

I would have to agree with WillBearArms. Glocks are perfect or at least pretty darn close anyway. I've owned at one time a handgun from every major firearms manufactuer and I really have to say that while Kimbers, Sigs, H&K's, Beretta's etc are very fine handguns...Glocks have an edge.
I swear by my G19 and my new G36. Yes, I'll say it along with you "GLOCK PERFECTION!"

Glocks just don't point naturally for me (and I'm not alone). If I pick up a Glock and point it, the sights don't line up automatically. I have to cock my wrists forward to get the sights lined up. The grip angle just doesn't cut it for me. (if Glocks are perfection I guess my hands are just screwed up?). I've watched a lot of people hold Glocks and shoot them and a lot of them do the same thing (bringing the gun up an then having to drop the muzzle to line up the sights.

On the other hand, I can pick up a Beretta, H&K, CZ, BHP, Kahr, SIG, etc., etc. and they all point MUCH better for me than the Glocks.

I'm sure Glocks are wonderful for a lot of people, but I'll probably never buy one. They aren't perfection for me.

Shake

Nothing manmade is "Perfect"...........

........however, for me, Glocks are great guns. So are Sigs, HKs, polymer Rugers, and CZs. What works for one may not necessarily work for another.

Case in point: S&W semi-autos. Many people love them. I have owned two--and shot several rentals and friends S&W autoloaders-- and I honestly HATE them. The ones I owned had poor SA triggers, bad accuracy, and poor reliability. I have shot some rental S&W autoloaders that had good reliability, but the SA trigger was still poor and the overall performance was well below other "major" manufactures. Yet, people still love S&W semi-autos. Thus, it must be me (and not the S&W guns). S&W semi-autos just don't work for me, as Glocks, HK's, CZ's, Rugers, and Sigs just don't work for others.

I think people just assume that what works for them should work for others. That is not usually the case. Everyone has different preferences, and we must realize that there is no one "PERFECT" pistol.

negative.

I am big HK fan but so far I think the best alround handgun is the 1911.

as said before Glocks: don't own one, don't need one, don't want one

Bought a M20, wasn't quite right.

$1400 later still wasn't right.

Only gun I've sold in a LONG time.

Tools are personal..............

I'd rather throw a rock than to shoot a Glock. If I ever need a situation solver, I can always depend on my 357 Mag revolver. (A poet and don't know it)

1911-A1s are Phallic symbols!

A Glock is a tool, no better or worse than any other tool (an axe, a shovel, or anything). A Glock is as good or bad as the man using it". PigPen (2001)

Perfection???

Not hardly... I love how Glockaholics crawl out and say their Glock is a tool... a hammer or screwdriver sort of thing. Juicy euphemism for 'it's so ugly but I have to justify why I bought it instead of a handgun that works just as well, lasts just as long, and is a work of art'... doh...

Thanks Quantum. You display admirable character.

Honestly guys, Can you really say there is a more durable or reliable handgun than a Glock? One documented with over 320,000 rounds thru it (G17) and is still carried everyday by the original owner. Easiest to field strip or detail strip due to it only having 33 parts (half the parts of any other semi). Rated as one of the top two most accurate semi's out of the box (Sig was the other one, although I think HK's should have been included in this Elite group). There must be a reason why more Glocks have been sold in the U.S. in the last 10 years than any other handgun. Why have so many LEA's and govt agencies adopted the Glock? If this isn't enough, Glock gives the best warranty and factory service out of any brand. Most repairs are done free and Glock pays shipping back to the owner. It may not be perfection, but it's as close as is being offered.

AirTech

I know some of you are having a hard time fighting your emostions while your instincts call for submission. Free counseling is available.

Back