Of which handgun would you like to see a "modern remake"

Colt Python, and Diamondback, with modern CNC manufacturing, and modern lockwork. I wouldn't mind seeing the Woodsman Match Target make a comeback also.

Polymer-framed, titanium cylinder, zirconia-barreled Single Action Army. Yea....

Amen.

(That would be quite a merger of both my early cultural imprint by Cowboy movies and my later addiction to good old Gaston's and his follow-ups' products...)

A real Whitney Wolverine :D
Calicos
22 Luger, straight blowback, but with the spring/levers of the original to mimic its operation
1912 Steyr Hahn, based off Beretta's PX4 for those poor souls in NYC who can't have detachable magazines anymore
AMT Pistols --we had so much derision for them until they were gone :D
SIG P210 --it can be built as a POS by the current POS SIG company, but just make it look and feed like the original ;)
An even more ridiculous shotgun/revolver thing based off the Lemat shooting 12 rounds of something small like 22LR or 32ACP, and a 410 in the center. Call it The Verdict and sell a million :D
A 1908 Colt mousegun chambered in something small but also useful like 5.7x28

TCB

S&W triple-lock, in a variety of calibers. That way there'd be a new version I can't afford to go with the original that I can't afford.

barnbwt said:
An even more ridiculous shotgun/revolver thing based off the Lemat shooting 12 rounds of something small like 22LR or 32ACP, and a 410 in the center. Call it The Verdict and sell a million

Ridiculous=check

Count me in as one of the million=big check on that one, and I will never own a Judge or Governor. It would have to keep the general aesthetic of the LeMat, and cost less that the BP reproductions, though.

I wish I could work with the boys at Ruger to design a break top 44 mag and 45 colt revolver. With modern steels and manufacturing abilities there is no reason a break top can't be made as strong as many solid frame guns.
A GOOD top break revolver line would sell like cold drinks in a desert if there were some offered.

I'd start with a 44 mag and add a 45 Colt. A 41 mag and a 357 mag next.
Then I'd like to see a scaled down version in 327 Fed mag and one in 22 LR as well as 22 WMR. Barrels should be offered in 4", 5" 6" and 7" in all calibers.

These days the Military/Police market is getting saturated, and the outdoorsmen are being ignored, but there are many more regular hunters and fishermen than there are cops in this country and I think Ruger (or anyone) would do well to cater to them a bit more in their new designs.

This:

Give it modern wundersteels and contemporary J frame innards. Big sights. Make it in 9mm Para, with an ejector a la Model 547. If that is too much trouble, go ahead and make it in .38 Super. It would be the best snubby for me!

LeMat

Sounds like a great idea!
Chambered in 327 Federal Magnum and 20 gauge in the center, rifled for slugs?
:cool:

About the Turkish 25 ACP - it can't be imported due to the points system.

Silly system.

That being the case, still it is not the most desirable weapon imho since it has a SA trigger and is all-metall. It seems to be a 1:1 remake, while I'd prefer something to resemble the (indeed so far unbeaten) size and the basic appearance, but with state-of-the-art technology. For this Turkish approach, I don't see too much difference to an actual original model.

Back