NY pistol permit DENIED!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to the gun board for filtering less than desirable people to own/carry a pistol. These are not the people we want representing the gun owning/toting community.
The OP has said nothing about toting a gun or representing anyone. He merely wants a gun for his house and the range. Some attitudes here seem to assume owning a handgun is some sort of privilege. It isn't.

Unless you are a felon, domestic abuser, the subject of a restraining order, insane, or on drugs, you are not disqualified from the fundamental right under the constitution. This is a denial of rights by local ordinance. After incorporation, this could not withstand any level of scrutiny that is applied to core constitutional rights. Under strict scrutiny, the OP would have even have to be issued some sort of carry permit, or be able to carry w/o a license.

Some of you haven't been paying attention.

crue cab said:
dont ever enlighten anyone on the 'net about your personal run ins with the law.
Unless you want to be viewed as the next Scarface.
Too many super citizens that have never even gotten a ticket will chime in about how you should be jailed for anything that required action from the police.

maestro pistolero said:
Unless you are a felon, domestic abuser, the subject of a restraining order, insane, or on drugs, you are not disqualified from the fundamental right under the constitution. This is a denial of rights by local ordinance. After incorporation, this could not withstand any level of scrutiny that is applied to core constitutional rights. Under strict scrutiny, the OP would have even have to be issued some sort of carry permit, or be able to carry w/o a license.

I, for one, am making no judgements whatsoever as to the character of the OP or his "worthiness" to own handguns, nor am I making any statements as to the theoretical constitutionality of the statutes and/or decisions. I am merely pointing out the way that it is. That way that it "should be" is of little consequence to the OP at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back