Not so common guns on TV or movies.

Guv

While watching the Walking Dead last night I noticed an actress with an AutoMag II. Couldn't believe it, never seen one in cinema before.
Anyone else seen something not so common or interesting being played with by these good conservative actors!;)

There was a bad guy in the mid 90s DeNiro/Pacino movie Heat that had a Star Megastar. Not sure if it was a 10mm or .45ACP.

Is a guy with a Megastar really a bad guy? :p

Contender

Can't remember the movie but "the" good guy uncased his big gun and it was a TC Contender. ...... :eek:

I have a habit of naming firearms that I recognize, in movies or show. Totally annoys my wife and that's the way it is. I also comment when any gun is dropped or thrown. I remember a movie where John Wayne threw a Winchester Lever-action, to the side of the road. ..... :eek:

Be Safe!!!

Last edited:
I think it was a Steven Seagal or VanDamme movie. I also think it was a 45-70, caused a friend of mine to buy one!:D

Alien Nation---Freedom Arms .454 Casull, just the ticket for stopping aliens or so James Caan believed when his Beretta 92 failed to stop them.

I remember in the TV series "The Heat Of THe Night" The big deputy used a Contender to defend themselves at the cabin, I kind of liked the Knocks Volley Gun that was used in Sharrps Rifles.

Oh yeah, Hot Fuzz, an evil priest wields two NAA mini revolvers.

Simon Pegg likes guns, I believe, and besides Hot Fuzz, his Shaun of the Dead a Winchester 66 Yellow Boy was used to blast a lot of zombies.

One of the "Death Wish", movies with Charles Bronson. He used a Wildey. Then the T.V. series, "Dead Man's Gun", featured an engraved Schofield. I always tired to look closely at it to see if where the locking mechanism was to indicate if it was a Schofield or a S&W Model 3. It appeared to be on the frame not the end of the barrel, so a S&W Schofield.

Has an NAA mini revolver made it onto the big screen or tv screen before? Never seen one before myself.

Saw a S&W JM 625 on Walking Dead months ago, the episode where Tara discovers the beach community.

One gun, be it handgun or rifle, that should be featured on TV more is the .22 LR. I guess producers think that the .22 doesn't make enough boom to excite audiences, so they ditch it for the bigger calibers.

I was always rather impressed with the big guns in Barb Wire, dual wielding Desert Eagles!! Total fantasy, but fun to watch! :rolleyes:

Walking Dead is one of those stories where any firearm that happens to be out there might be "found" and used by the survivors.

The Van Damme film Hard Target features the bad guy using a Contender, looks like .45-70.

Most of the time movie & TV guns are chosen for their dramatic look, part of the time its what ever the prop dept has available, that doesn't clash too badly with the plotline.

Also when you see the actor do something "active" with the gun in hand (fall, jump, climb, etc) the gun is a rubber prop.

Hi standard 2- shot derringer

There was an episode of (The Unit) where the top Sargent produces a 2 shot HiStandard derringer in a shoot scene. Pops a guy and upgrades to his assailants weapon.

Or the Governor's full auto AUG. Probably not too many of those around, zombpocalypse or otherwise.

In some random episode of Person of Interest, a character whipped out a CZ52 pistol. It's always neat to see, as that pistol has weird lines. It looks kind of like a grown up Walther PP.

Charles Bronson used a Savage 99 lever-action in Death Hunt. There are some interesting guns in that movie, used by Bronson, Weathers and Stevens. I especially liked Bronson's 14 shot 12 ga. pump. Model 12 Winchester? He used that to up the body count after surviving the exploding log cabin.

In the movie Joe Kidd the pro surfer turned actor named Don Stroud used a broomhandle mauser with buttstock.

Last edited:
I remember Charles and his 99, pretty cool.
One 22lr in movies I can think of was that special long range scoped AR-7 the girl had in Goldfinger. No wonder she missed!

Numerous times the Ruger .22 MarK II or variations have been used; usually seen as a suppressed weapon.

And check out Sharky's Machine with Burt Reynolds, a whole slew of people are taken down by an assassin with a .22 Hi Standard.

Director John Milius is certainly a gun nut ! n one of a series of TV programs there appears a Spencer repeater . Seven shots loaded in the butt stock or a tubular magazine .The tubular magazine held in a box which held many magazines !!:D

On Battlestar Galactica, a guy carried a COP 4 barrelled handgun as a concealed carry. They also used FN Five-sevens as service handguns.

I recall a Mannix episode where a woman pulled out a top-break something.

Back