Not A Thread For S&W Purist

real gun said:
So you don't see a rear sight either. Let's let the OP answer that.

You really should get more familiar with with fixed sight revolvers. There is a reason that Dave T replied to your original question by mentioning that you can't see the "sight GROOVE" from the side.

Nice work. I never shoot a revolver SA anyway. Try one tip I got from another on one forum or another. Take a black sharpie and color back of the rear sight groove. I found the contrast made me shoot my Mod.64 much better.

I'm not a big fan of de-horning a hammer as I like to shoot single action mostly. But as a carry gun, shot double action, I believe it is a very good idea.
nice job! :cool:

Very nice...pinned and recessed, de-horned, probably a DA trigger job and a front sight that's usable at midnight! With good, hand-filling grips (or a grip adapter), you've got a first rate CC piece. Well done, Rod

JAREDHSH - good observation. I didn't pick up that the barrel had been shortened because of the large display size of the BEFORE picture.

I wonder about whether the cartridge of the gun is ID'd elsewhere on the gun...maybe an engraving like on my 41 Special conversion. Seems like that would be standard procedure and a good idea, although I don't know what harm would come of it being a mystery.

I like it. Some purists will argue about value, etc..blah, blah, blah. To me real value is in its utility. This gun has gotten more usable. Great!

I think you've hit the magic formula, compact, smooth, night sights....nice!

From a functional perspective, I'm a fan of bobbed hammers.
Me too. The hump in the frame facilitates double-action to the minor detriment of single-action shooting. Those who agonize over spurless hammers on double action defensive revolvers seem to be the very same ones who never shoot double-action enough to be proficient at it, opting instead to shoot single-action because they are "more accurate" with it.

A very good-looking carry gun.

Was thinking that if I liked that concept, I would be interested in the Kimber K6s. While only a 2" barrel, it does hold 6 rounds of 357 Magnum and is DAO. What I would really think is that I wasn't that interested I carrying a revolver and was trying to make it like a semi-auto, when the semi-auto would be the better choice.

Last edited:
357 is underneath the barrel, which can be seen when you open the cylinder. We have extremely bad weather but maybe I will get to do a video some time.

Ordinarily I don't care much for bobbed hammers & slabbed barrels, but yours looks mighty good. Thumbs up on the excellent job your smith did.

There's not a thing wrong with the changes.
There's not been a car or motorcycle in my garage that wasn't modified in some way.
Make it yours, and you did.
Enjoy.

I love everything about it except the spur-less hammer. Takes away what might be it's finest feature, the amazingly light single action pull.

Back