Northern Virginia FU-UN Shoot!

SodaPop - Where in PA do you live and approx. what time can you get away? For reference, I can make it to Kutztown in under 3 hours, from Philly in about 2.5 hours. You don't have to arrive exactly at 7:30 don't forget. Of course the drive back might be tiresome, but that would be true any day of the week.

David Park's post on his experience at Gilbert's gave me an idea that if he or anyone attending would like to try out a particular caliber handgun (or rifle for that matter), they should let us know here. Between all the attendees ( I trust there will be several), we should be able to come up with an example of just about every caliber known to the Western world. Heck I'll even bring my 15 watt laser if you really want to drill some holes in the backstop! (Not really, the NRA would never let us back.)

Good thought, Mal.

I've gotten two e-mail queries on this from people who haven't posted to the thread.

One was from a person who appears to be a relative newbie. I encouraged him to come out, and told him that he's more than welcome to try any of my guns.

So far, I'm thinking of bringing the following...

.22 Browning Buckmark

.38 Spl. S&W 042

.357 Mag. Model 19 or 28, 4"

.41 Mag. Model 58 4"

.45 ACP Model 1917 5.5"

.45 ACP Model 1911A1

9mm Kahr K9

I may bring a couple of others, as the mood strikes me, and I MAY bring the Marlin Camp Carbine I was talking about over on rifles. I've had it for a couple of years, and haven't shot it yet.

And crap, I need to get ammo!

That looks like a good selection Mike! I mainly want to try a .45 and 9mm semi-auto, since we handled those in the class but didn't shoot them. I'm also interested in compact "backup" guns (like the Kahr K9 I guess).

Since I'm not bringing any guns, I'm willing to provide ammo (but not for everyone :eek: ). Someone will have to let me know what and how much to purchase.

David,

You won't go wrong if you show up with some hardball 9mm or .45 ACP.

I suggest Gallyans Sporting Goods in Fairlakes. They seem to have decent prices on ammo.

That's where I'm going to head to pick some up.

I'm also going to do some loading this weekend.

I'll bring a couple or 4 .45's as well:
Colt's Combat Commander
CZ 97B
Ruger Vaquero in .45 Colt
Win '94 in .45 Colt

And a 9mm - Sig P239

I'll also bring:
Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Mag.
5.5" Ruger Mk II

I live in Delaware County just outside of Philadelphia. What exactly is the NRA range like? If you can get to Kutztown in under 3hrs you have ZERO excuses for not coming to our PA shoots Mal H!!!!!!!! Our shoots have been in Philadelphia and near Quakertown. You have to come out in Sept to the place we've been going the last two times. 50yd pistol and 500yd rifle range. Absolutely great place to hang with fellow TFL members. Somebody give me more info on where this NRA range is so I can look it up on a map?

Soda, I posted a link to the NRA range home page near the top of page 2 of this thread. It's a 12-position, 50-yard range and sounds pretty nice.

Mike, thanks for the ammo advice.

Ack its a little too risky for me to drive down there on a friday night if the place closes at 10pm. I can't leave here until after 6pm and it looks like a minimum of 2hrs if I don't hit a lot of traffic. I don't want to speed down there especially if I'm carrying out of state firearms. How about Saturday? ;)

Well Mal H I hope you can. I think Its going to be the weekend after Labor Day in Sept. I think the 8th or 9th. I'll post a date in a month or so. I have 17 Members from TFL, 1911Forum and FNFAL.com that have come to our shoots and we have yet to bring a Moderator. ArmySon was going to come to our first one but ended up going over seas for family stuff.

Friday the 13th works for me, looking forward to putting some faces with names. I'll likely bring a SIG 225, Kimber .45 (w/new fiber optic front sight), and maybe the Tomcat could use some exercise. See y'all there. M2

Back