"No good answer" hypothetical road block

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Waze for directions and hazard reporting. It does a decent job of reporting road hazards and speed traps. Has anyone had any experience with driving apps and social unrest?

Some solutions come to mind that "feel" like justice,but they probably would not work out.
That is great John. I however work at THE place locally that has the protests.

Its a BS red herring to cover criminal assault,vandalism,arson,etc with "Peaceful Protestors"

Yes,Peaceful Protestors are fine,and Constitutionally protected.

But someone in the act of setting a fire to an occupied building or stomping someone's head is putting another Human Being's Constitutional Right to Life on the block. Thats not a Peaceful Protestor and its BS to label them as such.

Some behavior crosses the line, and IMO, (Which carries NO legal authority) it would be OK if your employer hired Blackwater to post rooftop overwatch.

Anybody lighting up a Molotov cocktail coctail should be subject to having their head explode. After a few of those..it would no longer be good sporting fun to toss Molotovs.....And FWIW,I recently saw video where an alleged "peaceful protestor" was carrying a Corona Beer case full of Molotov Cocktails for his fellow "Peaceful Protestors"
What happened to the idea that construction or possession of a Molotov Cocktail is a felony destructive device? Wouldn't that be a Federal BATF prosecution? The local Soros installed Prosecutor would have no say. Why no arrests/prosecutions?
Five or ten years behind bars might be good.

Thats (IMO) how to deal with this.

Is it legally possible that the people who live and work in these riot zones (and their insurance companies)would have standing in a class action suit against those who make the decisions to not hold violent or destructive "Peaceful Protestors" accountable?

Insurance companies have lawyers and resources to bring civil action . If it can be done to the Boy Scouts,it can be done to ANTIFA and BLM,or a Governor,Mayor,or City Council.

What will keep the protests peaceful is harsh ,relentless accountability.

Start NOW (Parents,its 10 PM. Where are your children?)

That is great John. I however work at THE place locally that has the protests.
Wow, that's ugly...

Normally I'm not a big fan of the people who tell others to "get another job" or "move to a different area", but in this case, it might be warranted.

If those aren't options, can you at least arrange your schedule so you're out of the area before dark when things tend to get more "exciting"?

Life is FAR too precious and short to spend it living and or working under dangerous / stressful circumstances if there are other options available. Perhaps it's time to reevaluate what is important.

Normally I'm not a big fan of the people who tell others to "get another job" or "move to a different area", but in this case, it might be warranted.

If those aren't options, can you at least arrange your schedule so you're out of the area before dark when things tend to get more "exciting"?

I work a well paying federal contract. In this region you will not find many better paying jobs. Adjusting my schedule is not an option. The nice thing is that by the time it gets dark in this part of the country in Nov. people are not gonna be hanging out outside much.

EDIT: Besides, I refuse to let these clowns run my life.

Last edited:
Take yourself out of the equation. I left the city four years ago and moved to the mountains. Any such road block would be quickly dispatched by the local citizenry, (long time locals, retired military, retired LE), as all of are armed. Local LEO’s would not suffer the behavior either.

Can't not go, I can adjust

Portland is the nearest big city. Seattle is next up, lucky me.
I'm the travelling salesman, despite the lack of farmers daughters in this new millennium.
I don't have the desire to retire, I love my gig, and work for myself. Ha, this "new" gig economy? I've been "gigging" for decades.

I get mighty tired of online meetings, there is no replacement for belly to belly. That said the PC can supplement.

My key to staying safe is not being there! Generally the animals in the zoo called Portland come out after dark and on weekends.

Here's another method.

The "protesters" apparently melt when wet and freeze when cold. Let the weather be your guide.

Avoid eves and weekends. If a weekend trip is required, Portland is a very rainy place and weather keeps the "warriors" for whatever cause it is to stay indoors on facebook.

Is it not interesting that the protests seem to always occur when the weather is great?

Yup, they sure are a committed group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back