Nikon is leaving the scope market?

I read most of the posts.
Comments--

lifetime-whose??
I only have one Nikon w/ Nikoplex- a 4x or 6x straight power.
Never had to ask for service. See comments about 'original' receipt even when registered--BS.

One other scope mfg who also just went out-of-business had the receipt thing and only warrantied to original purchaser. If you have the orig receipt and pass it to someone else who knows. Yes, that dont happen except perhaps in a family.
For Leupold and Burris, lifetime seems to mean forever. For most others, lifetime seems to mean lifetime of the product or amount of time it takes them to come up with an excuse not to repair it. I believe Vortex will be like Leupold, but its still too early in their life to say for sure.
(I am intentionally not putting the $3k manufacturers on the list. Of course their warranties are good. At that price, they should be.)

Given careful examination of a crossfire, my expectation is the Vortex warranty will go the same way as all the others.

I have two of the Nikon 3-9x40 Rimfire-II scopes, one on a CZ-452 American, the other one on a Henry Golden Boy.

My plan was to get two more for my Winchester 490 and 9422.

I think they are a very good scope, especially in low light.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/gear/nikon-will-no-longer-make-riflescopes/

I pulled this from the 6.8 Forums and it caught me by surprise. Has anyone else heard or read anything else about Nikon leaving the scope market?

I've been running Nikon for years with great success, and like their Spot On app for the BDC reticle. Maybe this is why they haven't produced any app updates for some common factory loads.

Sounds like I need to buy a few more before they are all gone!
thanks for posting this information , makes me glad i bought the leuopld , try to buy red , white , and blue , if possible even if it means more . thanks again...

Back