New Taurus P365 G4

Every review I have seen, the GX4 is getting stellar reviews. Two reviews posting that the gun shoots low for them, a new gun with new grip and new trigger and combat sights is insignificant at this point of a FIRST RUN firearm. What is significant is that this gun is running like a top right out of the box with all kinds of ammo. And reliability is a big factor.. And people are loving the grip. Again, I think the interchangeable Grip strap is a brilliant design. One that will make this gun a good fit for many hands. And of course we now see that it will take Glock sights. Great Mags, grip, great build quality, modular design, and very competitive price. I also see that it has 25% fewer parts than the GS3.
It really appears the engineers at Taurus really are serious about making this product a game changer for Taurus. Again, I will hold out until we get a chance to run the gun side by side with Sig and Hellcat.
The only legitimate complaint I have seen so far is that the GX4 is not milled for optics which many do not care about anyway. And I have a hunch that that will change in the very near future. Remember, this is a First Run Gun. Compared to some other first run guns which experienced multiple issues, the GX4 is already ahead of the game.

Last edited:
Hickcock45 shoots the new Taurus and likes it!

Man, this is looking like a heck of a nice gun. One thing that impressed me over the others was as Hickcock45 said "I really like this Trigger, It has a distinct Wall."
If I am not getting a DAO, then this is the trigger I am very interested in. Looking forward to testing this gun at my club.
By the way, he shoot it with no failures, and the gun shoots very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHLtSq776Xk

I couldn't resist. I haven't seen the Taurus in person but Whittaker Guns had them on sale, $299. It came to $323 with shipping and insurance. I still will have a $20 transfer fee but I can't wait to get it. If it is anything like my Taurus TX22 I will be happy.

My LGS shows the pistol for 323usd online. They don't have any in stock and haven't had any yet. Another youtuber mentioned his store was selling them for ~320usd as well.

Well mine needs to go back to Taurus. There are 3 issues with the pistol. First off the barrel isn't fully supported at the feed ramp. I shot some "Copper Only Projectile" plus p defense ammo and the empty brass had a substantial bulge at the base of the case. I would not reload that brass. Next the trigger safety spring is weak. The safety lever didn't always work. I can pull the trigger from the sides without touching the safety, not good. Lastly the gun shoots low even with a combat hold. It ran very reliable though.

Update below.

Re shot the gun today at an outdoor range where I could see better. The trigger safety is still not working quite right. The sights shot pretty close to aim shooting using a combat hold at 7 yards, better lighting I think. Now for the case bulging with plus p ammo. Today I shot Federal plus p 124 grain HST ammo. With the Federal ammo I didn't get bulged cases like the "Copper Only Projectile" ammo. I"m assuming now the the COP ammo must be loaded closer to +p+ pressure instead of +p which it says on the box.
Anyway the gun is still going back to Taurus because of the trigger but I'm ok now with the other two issues I was complaining about.

Sent from my SM-A215U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah people are reporting trigger problems with this Taurus GX4 with at least one person experiencing an AD where the trigger would not work and then the pistol fired just as he was about to holster it after the striker decided t finally drop almost hitting his foot. :eek::eek: Scary stuff.

https://youtu.be/iXynNHLgI6Y

Yeah people are reporting trigger problems with this Taurus GX4 with at least one person experiencing an AD where the trigger would not work and then the pistol fired just as he was about to holster it after the striker decided t finally drop almost hitting his foot. :eek::eek: Scary stuff.

https://youtu.be/iXynNHLgI6Y
Hope for Taurus they do not have as many problems as the Sig 365 did when it first came out. And they had many. Scary stuff. Typically I say wait on any new firearm before purchase. If the gun is any good, it will still be for sale down the road. Just saw where a new Ruger LCP MAX had a horrible magazine sent to them. Scary!

I don't even like Sig as a company, but comparing what appears to be an entirely faulty triggers, from a company that had to replace it's entire polymer auto line up, and an AD ALREADY for a gun that isn't even really in the wild against the most sold pistol for 3 years in a row? You're reaching pretty far....

May be you were not paying attention to Sig's first release. And it is obvious that you were against the Taurus at the first mention of it. Before any reviews were made. It is evident you do not want the gun to succeed. For some reason that seems to bother you. Why?
Why don't you let the gun get out in the field for a few months. The reviews are contrary to your constant attacks on the gun. The majority are in fact excellent. I am sure you will report every poster that does have a issue. Of course the first run gun, we expected certain issues. But did not expect it to have this few.
Did you also do this with the Sig? Something tells me you didn't.
Personally I am not interested in either the Sig or the Taurus. And even when Sig had their problems and folks were disparaging it all across the board, much like you are now, I took up for the gun. If you do not want to get the Taurus that is no problem and a free world.
You also seem to forget that the G-series has been very successful. What will you do if the GX4 is as successful as the other G-series? Lol, it will be interesting. Yes, I do hope the gun is successful just like I hoped the Sig would be.The G-Series have not become worst, they have actually improved with each new model

Last edited:
Since I don't own a bass boat and don't golf, my hobby is to buy every pistol that comes out in the P365/Hellcat/Shield Plus/Max 9 genre. So I immediately bought the GX4 when it was released. The GX4 is a fantastic gun for anyone with an open mind and willing to look at the facts. It is effectively the same size as the P365, is the most cost efficient of the bunch, is 100% reliable (for me) and feels great in the hand. I love the blacked out rear sight and front dot setup. I've had excellent luck and 100% reliability with PT111, G2C, G3C, G3 and now the GX4. A 13 round mag is available, which is what I rock. I cannot find any objective reason not to dig this gun, except that the finish is getting some pretty good holster wear, but I like the look of a well-worn pistol. If you just hate Taurus, then the facts aren't going to change anyone's mind and that's groovy. Don't buy one. But when it comes down to the things that really matter - reliability, trigger, capacity, sights, ergos, price, etc. - the GX4 is killer. Thanks.

WCM - After trying many times, I cannot duplicate what is shown in that video.

It is noteworthy, I think, that we have not seen this issue from Sootch, Hickok, thefirearmguy, etc. But I do take any claim of malfunction very seriously, because EDC is a serious business. But no, I can put substantial lateral pressure on the trigger without issue.

In an overabundance of caution, I think I will not carry the GX4 for the time being, in order to see how this plays out. If at all. I stopped carrying the P365 when it was going thru its birthing pains too. Fortunately, I have the whole panoply of the GX4's competitors to choose from. Thanks.

You said, "The issue in video above is being duplicated by other posters on the video..."

I read through all (currently) 112 posts, and saw one poster who reported a problem. Which is one too many of course. But currently it is "poster" singular. If there were more than one maybe I missed it. But even that is a concern, no doubt.

Back to the Hellcat and its 15-round mag. :)

Last edited:
I wonder if we can also post every firearm now present that actually has a Malfunction of some kind. That way we can eliminate all the bad guns and just purchase a gun that never, malfuntions.
Just curious, since this is a thread comparing just two pistols, the Sig and the New Taurus, can we revisit all the threads and post of Sig issues for about two years? Is Sig now finally to the point that one will NEVER have a failure? A bad Mag, etc etc.
Seriously I hope that this thread does not just continue to go on the search for any Taurus that has a failure. God forbid someone even shoots some bad ammo or rides a slide or what ever. I am sure it will be posted as a damnation to the firearm to People that are salivating at the mouth for the GX4 to fail.
Actually it is becoming quite amusing.

I wonder if we need to send someone from the White House to find the Root Cause of the last failure from the GX or even the Sig's that actually occasionally do malfunction because of one reason or another.

I cannot find any objective reason not to dig this gun, except that the finish is getting some pretty good holster wear, but I like the look of a well-worn pistol.

How does it wear compared to the shield or hellcat? Noticeably worse? This is my biggest concern with the gx4 for carry.

Back