New Taurus P365 G4

And this New Taurus is now made in the USA.

Is that confirmed? I’ve seen this claim before with other Taurus products and the reality was that people were confusing the importer with the manufacturer location.

This article here says made in Brazil.

https://www.ammoland.com/2021/05/new-taurus-gx4-sub-compact-9mm-concealed-carry-handgun-video/

This one says the components are made in Brazil, then assembled in the USA.

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2021/5/19/review-taurus-gx4-micro-compact-pistol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sig P365 comes in a $420 option from Cabelas without night sights like the GX4.

Is the Taurus really price competitive? Nope.
And how to you actually say "not" competitive? Just because you do not like the brand. You have not even seen the gun in real time, nor shot it. You have not shot both guns side by side, you are not comparing which gun actually has better features.. How about we actually give a honest evaluation before we start shooting one gun down because of personal bias.
I want to find out the truth. At present I do not have a desire to purchase either pistol. . But at the Present, I like the features of the GX4 much better than the Sig. But again, the proof of which gun is better will be after a evaluation by 5 experienced shooters including myself. It may turn out the Taurus is a piece of junk, and then again it may turn out to be a better shooting firearm. Maybe less snap etc.

By the way, Cabela's is famous for giving "Lead In" items to get people in the store, only for purchaser's to find out that they are gone before even getting to the display. Just standard advertising tactics. And what will the Sale price be for the Taurus?

Last edited:
First off, I do not consider myself a gun snob. If it works, it works. My only complaints about Taurus have been their past record of their lack of QC and that they do not hold their resale value, although they are inexpensive enough that that may not be an issue. I recently traded for a Taurus G3C for the expressed purpose of making it a "truck gun". I was pleasantly surprised to find the gun is actually a very nice gun. It shoots reliably and accurately. The trigger is very good, and I would say as good or better than a lot of much more expensive guns. After what I have seen with it, I would not have any hesitation in putting it in my EDC rotation that included the Hellcat, Shield plus and the Walter PPSm2. If this is an indication of what the G4 is like, it will sell like hotcakes. You might also note that I do not have a Sig P365 in there. It just never fit my large hands comfortably so I sold it. As always, JMHO.

And how to you actually say "not" competitive? Just because you do not like the brand. You have not even seen the gun in real time, nor shot it. You have not shot both guns side by side, you are not comparing which gun actually has better features..

He did specifically say price.

Ok, Kentucky gun store is $389 for the GX4. If the Sig and the GX4 are close to the same price then that will be great. Hopefully the Sigs will come down in price as well. If both guns can get as low as $325.00 in the future, I say great for all future buyers. Ya gotta love competition. And both buyers can hopefully choose which night sight for their preference. Just curious, is the sale price Sig with two mags?

Last edited:
Right, and I think that was his point. That in his opinion price alone wasn’t a big enough difference to be a driving factor.

I’d counter by saying $420 is not a standard price for a P365, that’s a pretty good sale, and the GX4 is just out and we don’t know yet what the street price will be over time, certainly not after as much time as the P365 has been on the market.

You’re right that there are features here besides price worth considering.

This guy is a smaller channel. His experience with different firearms has matched my own and he seems fairly honest. He’s had less than stellar luck in the past with some Taurus products and caught some flack from Taurus fans for saying as much, but he was genuinely impressed with the GX4.

https://youtu.be/n8zLCXcOqZk

Right, and I think that was his point. That in his opinion price alone wasn’t a big enough difference to be a driving factor.

I’d counter by saying $420 is not a standard price for a P365, that’s a pretty good sale, and the GX4 is just out and we don’t know yet what the street price will be over time, certainly not after as much time as the P365 has been on the market.

You’re right that there are features here besides price worth considering.

Yah, like the company you're buying the firearm from. The small difference in price quickly evoporates if you ever have to deal with crappy, uncaring customer service. Taurus is right there at the bottom in that regard.

It isn't a sale price. The silver slide, non night sight version of the P365 sells for 420, just like the regular P365 has sold for $499 for two years straight.

Sig has a very strict MAP on the P365. I recall I created a thread at one point calling it was pretty crazy that the P365 has always been $499, unlike any pistol ever sold.

The Sig P365 is smaller in all measures over the GX4.

You pretty much have to hate the Sig P365 for price, features for the price, and proven track record for the Taurus GX4 to work for you. Meh. I mean, I did own 3 of the G2 or is it the G3 back when it was version 1 of the Millennium, version 2, and the Millennium Pro? All unsupported now.

Last edited:
I found what you’re talking about:

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/sig-sauer-p365-micro-compact-2-tone-stainless-semi-auto-pistol

It’s $449 currently, has no night sights and comes with one magazine. That’s about $140-$150 worth of missing features compared to the standard P365 that costs $499. If someone wants it more power to them, but to me it is much less appealing than a standard P365. Heck the magazine alone is $40-$50. At least with the GX4 you get two magazines.

Last edited:
It isn't a sale price. The silver slide, non night sight version of the P365 sells for 420, just like the regular P365 has sold for $499 for two years straight.

Sig has a very strict MAP on the P365. I recall I created a thread at one point calling it was pretty crazy that the P365 has always been $499, unlike any pistol ever sold.

The Sig P365 is smaller in all measures over the GX4.

You pretty much have to hate the Sig P365 for price, features for the price, and proven track record for the Taurus GX4 to work for you. Meh. I mean, I did own 3 of the G2 or is it the G3 back when it was version 1 of the Millennium, version 2, and the Millennium Pro? All unsupported now.
No actually they are the same length. The size is very close. However the GX appears to give more space for the off hand. And as far as width, Not sure which optional grip they are talking about. Weight is less than a ounce difference. The choice will come down to which gun has the best features, shoot-ability as far as smooth or snappy etc. I know many folks will appreciate the index for the off hand and real estate of the GX4 and the ability to choose which grip can make a huge difference.
You say you owned many of the Taurus G models, even three of the same model, so I am guessing you were fond of the Taurus.

tdMe848.jpg

https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/taurus-gx4-vs-sig-sauer-p365

Last edited:
I am not surprised that retail is the same as MSRP.

I guess I learned something, or maybe it's just "semantics", but I've always been under the impression that the MSRP price is the same as the retail price; the "street" price being what the product actually costs the consumer.

MAP means they can't advertise below that. However, if it's a Sig, there seller is an agreement that the MAP is lowest they can sell. Part of the dealer program.

MSRP is suggested and nothing else.

P365 is one of the few out there with an actual MAP. Sellers were getting in trouble for selling the P365 for lower than 499.

MAP means they can't advertise below that. However, if it's a Sig, there seller is an agreement that the MAP is lowest they can sell. Part of the dealer program.

P365 is one of the few out there with an actual MAP. Sellers were getting in trouble for selling the P365 for lower than 499.
Wow, that turns me off of the Sig 365 right away. Makes you wonder how much the gun is actually worth. I would not pay the price. Nothing that special about the pistol.
Thanks for the info. Will pass it on.

Yep. That's why I started that thread a year ago or more about it as the P365 is 100% the most price controlled pistol on the market.

I have zero idea why that would turn you off though.

I think that it's next competitor just released a comp version is SA admitting the Hellcat has more recoil than it should.

Back