New Taurus P365 G4

KYgunco just did a short video on it. It should sell well at under $400. Looks to have several nice features.

n Stock
Product Code:TRS-1-GX4M931
Brand:TAURUS
Cash / Text-A-Check Price : $389.99
Retail Price: $401.69

I have never owned a Taurus, however the G Series has a lot of happy customers. This new gun looks from the video like it will be huge success . I really like the way Taurus did the features of this gun. Very streamline, without bulky take down or slide stop. I like the way the did the grip and take down. Personally would not want a Sig without a safety, but the new Taurus appears to have a better EDC flat trigger and I like the double strike feature. Interchangeable Back-strap and I like the indexing pad. Come with either two 10 rd or 11 round mags both fit the gun the same without any difference in length. Bravo to them for this. I would love to shoot one. Seems like Taurus has done some homework. Bravo to them.
Looking forward to shooting and comparing. If the G4 is not as snappy as the Sig, it will be a winner!

Last edited:
i have the sig p365 and the hellcat, and shot the new ruger max9, the max 9 has a nice trigger, the hellcat trigger is a hard trigger but i shoot it the best of the 3 , i really wanted the sig p 365 to be the one, but the trigger stings my finger when i shoot it and it hurts, especially when i am slow target shooting, i am going to sell the P365 and either try the Taurus G4, the glock 43x and the ruger max 9 and decide from there

chet

A nice video of the GX. Love the take down and Stainless steel chassis. Every thing about this gun seems like a winner. I am impressed. And it appears like it will be a Mild shooter. My Gosh, at half the price and this quality and the many features. I really like the grip for the off hand which I know helps recoil on this small micro 9mm's If the ammo shortage was not here, I would be ordering one based on everything I have seen so far. Looks like this will be my first Glock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxGzMxD1i60

A nice video of the GX. Love the take down and Stainless steel chassis. Every thing about this gun seems like a winner. I am impressed. And it appears like it will be a Mild shooter. My Gosh, at half the price and this quality and the many features. I really like the grip for the off hand which I know helps recoil on this small micro 9mm's If the ammo shortage was not here, I would be ordering one based on everything I have seen so far. Looks like this will be my first Glock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxGzMxD1i60

Half the price of what though? I’m seeing prices of $389. I’m not saying it’s not worth that, just the other options aren’t twice that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$389 is retail for the Taurus. The Sig has a retail price of $599 and the Springfield Hellcat is $569. The Taurus isn't far from 1/2 the price.

2 x 389 is $778. I see P365s for $499 pretty regularly. Now the P365XL is $599, but that’s a larger pistol and it is optics ready.

https://gun.deals/search/apachesolr_search/p365

Both of those SIG pistols also include night sights whereas the GX4, as best as I can tell, does not (please correct me if wrong). So the P365 has more features and isn’t twice the cost. That’s not to say the GX4 won’t come down in price with time, but right now it isn’t as dramatic of a savings as some other Taurus offerings.

I also can find Glocks regularly for less than $630. I’m less interested in what the MSRP is and what the street price will be. Even then the MSRPs are not twice the cost of the GX4 MSRP. If the argument is it’s close enough, take the P365 for example. $778-$-599 is $179. That’s almost the whole difference in the MSRPs between the two pistols ($210). I can’t be excited about one cost difference and ignore another difference almost as large.

Last edited:
We are talking about 2 different things. MSRP is what the manufacturer suggests they sell for. This number is usually higher than what the product actually sells for. Sure, the 365 sells for $499, the MSRP is still $599.

Is $389 what the Taurus is actually selling for or is it the MSRP? I believe it's the MSRP. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Fair enough on the price difference not being close enough to 2x.....still significantly less.

My point is, can't compare MSRP to actual retail. Compare MSRP to MSRP or retail to retail.

It's new to the market, so I am not surprised that retail is the same as MSRP.. I think it's too soon to compare, but that's just me.

I mentioned the price potentially coming down back in post 13.

Again I’m interested in what the street price eventually settles at for this. For me personally where it is currently I’d pay the extra for some of the other models. Now if it settles below $300 then that changes for me.

We have common ground. I'm not interested in it at its current price either. There is room for budget micro 9s. I'll be keeping an eye on it.

My bad, typo, The MSRP is $392 not 342. Sig MSRP $599. But the Cost is not the main reason to consider the Taurus. For one, the Taurus by comparison of the features is a lot more for the money and has features that myself and I think other will appreciate over the Sig. (as I mentioned). And if it takes Glock Sights which I believe it does, I would prefer to get my own r night sights. The G Series appears to have been a big success and none to the Usual Taurus bashing.. In fact quite the opposite for the vast majority of many reviews and owners. Both reliability and even Quality. A higher price does is not necessarily indicative of Quality or make it a "budget gun". It could just be a better value. And it may even be a better performer. I personally know owners that love the G series and have made them their favorite gun for the class they are in, Compact etc. And all reports are that they shoot very well. And the pistol may very well fit better in the Hand for many. And that is important. Not everyone liked the Sig as far as hand size and handling when shooting. I personally would not pay $599 for a Sig, nothing against the gun, just not my cup of tea. I found the Hellcat a better shooter and better trigger for EDC but still I would not put out $600.00 unless I really loved the gun.
The Taurus does not appear to be cheap in build. A stainless steel chassis to begin with is a sign that this gun is built to last.

But the proof is in the pudding as the say. I made some calls last night to my small group at my club that performs test and comparison to drop the coming testing of the Dagger for various reasons and switch to the New GX4. They all agreed and so will shall see. We plan on not only shooting a 1,000 rds through the gun with mixed ammo and defense ammo, but compare it to others and break it down for examination of Parts etc.
I have no dog in this fight of 10 rd capacity Micro's, I am more than happy with my single stacks, but if the Taurus does well and sells for around $325 then It might be another addition to my collection. (although I doubt I will buy any of them.)
I will refer judgement on the gun when it is put to the test. Trigger, shooting characteristics, handling, quality of build,quality of magazines etc. Not just price. It should prove to be very interesting.

WwnUOy4.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4p7DWcZT9w

Last edited:
Back