New mini revolver from Inter Ordanance

Based on my experience with IO AKs, NO THANKS!

Stick with NAA for quality mini-revolvers (they even have a cylinder swing-out model).

Yeah, but the NAA is built around the .22 Magnum, which I don't care for in such a short barrel. I'll keep an eye on this and see what the thoughts are on people who've shot them.

I've seen a lot of people saying the same thing you said about their long guns, but a mini revolver is pretty simple to make, so I think it'd be hard for someone to muck it up. We'll see tho.

TruthTellers Yeah, but the NAA is built around the .22 Magnum, which I don't care for in such a short barrel. I'll keep an eye on this and see what the thoughts are on people who've shot them.

There are NAA long rifle and 22 short mini revolvers built around the respective lengths of those two rounds.

Yep, the NAA Mini Sidewinder is a cool little .22 magnum. My brother's:

b4a35a9b4d8ddd2e1713bccf036fab96b5a1179.jpg

NAA does have non-swingout cylinder modles in short, and long rifle sized accordingly. You can always give up a little convenience fkr size, and quality in these little novelty revolvers.
If you are using one of these tiny rimfire revolvers for SD, and need a faster reload you've really gotten yourself in the wrong place, with the wrong gun!
But for novelty range plinkers, tgey are great fun.
When I went tiny, I went all the way with a NAA 22 short Mini Revolver.

InterOrdnance has yet to demonstrate they can make a gun worth owning.

Import, sure. Actually manufacture? No.

The swing out cylinder is a good idea as reloading a standard NAA mini is a pain. However, thinking it is a benefit for a gun fight - probably not.

I really think the loading issues of the NAA mini are overstated. After a few dozen times the only thing one has to worry about is getting complacent and accidentally putting their finger / hand in front of the barrel when reinstalling the pin.

It's a prototype made for the SHOT show and not indicative of the final product.
Why would somebody bring a half finished piece of crap to the premiere show of the industry? If I wanted to introduce a new product to potential new buyers it would be the finest example I could build.
Maybe that in itself says enough about I.O. to stay away!

^ Some say it's half a piece of crap, others would say it's half a piece of quality.

Unlike others, I'm not going to write off a new product that's yet to be formally finished and ready for sale from a company because others have had issues with other products they manufacture. I'm also not going to pass judgement on the state of what they showed at SHOT because things could change between then and the finished product.

I like the concept enough to be neutral and see what the results will be when the mini revolvers come out.

It's a prototype made for the SHOT show and not indicative of the final product.

Look, I can only evaluate what I see. The gun pictured looks crudely finished. I especially don't like the screw in the middle of the frame.

In my opinion, single-action mini-revolvers are meant to be eye-candy more than a practical self-defense weapon. So, if someone makes one of these, I'd expect it to be sweet-tasting to my eyes, or really unique for me to even consider purchasing one.

I picked up the Sidewinder because it was a unique small revolver with a swing out cylinder.

No interest in another NAA pistol... unless they do a top break. Wouldn't be any hesitation.

The Ranger was a VERY limited production of top-breaks. Basically a test run. My understanding is that the time required to hand fit them made production less than feasible for NAA.

Back