New members - please introduce yourselves here

I'm Steve from California. I'm a college student and go to CSUSM.

I open carry and advocate increased rights here as well as across the country.

My politics are a combination of panarchist and libertarian thought.

My two passions are firearms and cars, both because of the freedom involved.

Quality is my first priority. I don't care much about aesthetics unless they impart quality to the product in question.

New Saying Hi

hi my name is bob i have a question i applied for my cpl in wayne county on dec 15 2008 and still have not rec'd it yet iv been told it its about a 3 month wait. iv called a few people at the city and wcso and they sed just wait it could take 7 months and there prob waiting on my finger prints does this sound right im all set up and ready to carry.

'Nuther FNG

Hey guys and gals, This is TW. I have 8 years at the Laramie County SO here in Cheyenne, WY (more than that at other agencies in Oklahoma and military). I am a Corporal and Chief Firearms Instructor for the Detention Division. We are the largest County Detention Facility in the state. I have four other instructors that work for me and we put on firearms training at least once a month. I am into Glocks, Rock River AR's, and Remington shotguns and long range guns.

Shaky

Hello to Everyone!
My name is Curtis and I am 49 yrs. old married with two children who will both be in college in a year and a half. I was told January 21 that after 30 years of working for an appliance mfr. in my hometown that the owners have decided to move ths buisness south of the border as of Deember 09.

I am a gun enthusiast and have just started to get into hanguns. I own a Ruger Mark III target pistol that gives me no problems but could use some tips on my S&W Model 60 revolver.

I enjoy following my sons football and soccer games and am a weekly photographer for a dirt track in the area. I also enjoy hunting, fishing and reading.

I look forward to any tips/advice anyone can lend.

Curtis/Shaky.

Oh wow I just found this thread...

Anyways I found this forum the other day and wow I absolutely love it. This place has been a wealth of information as well as a good place for me to start spending some money :D.

A little bit of background on me... I'm a 21 y/o male from the gun loving state of vermont. I am currently a city boy but I come from all over. I have been really into shooting the last few years (mostly skeet) and have fallen in love with the sport, as well as the right to bear arms. I look forward to visiting this forum a lot and hopefully getting to know some of you fellow Gun Lovers.

_Chris

New here, Obama got me worried...I wana keep my guns!

New here, Obama got me worried so I joined this forum to learn and reasearch so that I can try and protect my Gun Rights.

Hello there

Brett ,22, from the lou kentucky, ive been trolling here for a while thought I would sign up. Ive been shooting since i could hold a gun, love it and need to start going to the range and stuff more, kind of new to louisville area thought I might be able to find some people to shoot with. I have a decent collection of firarms so far.
CC/HD - XD9SC
HD - Stag AR15 With AMEEtech Heavy upper assemblie
Sniper - Remington 700Police 5.56 & 7.62 variants
Fun - Ruger 10/22(some mods), Benelli 12 Gauge (duck/turkey gun)

Joined about a few weeks ago and bought my first fireard about 2 months ago and absolutely love it.
After comparing the Glock models with the Springfield XD models. i decieded to go with the springfield xd /45 acp with a 4" barrel. Absolutely love it. Going to get my ccw class done on april 5th...
Also found the best holster ever for IWB
the MTAC minotaur hybrid holster
cost about $80 only problem is my slide disassembly lever tore up the leather and i had to buy some leather ball glove conditioner to streatch out the leather a bit. Most comfortable holster i can ever imagine.
And it conceals great too. definately look into it.
COMPTAC.com

I am 22 yrs old and live in AZ. I am in the US Air Force..
Been to AFGHANISTAN in support of OEF. awesome experiance. would like to go back but i have a 5 month old son i have to take care of now. dont want to miss too much with him...
well thats all from me!!!

happy shooting!!!
DC:cool:

just saying hello

hi my name is justin and im a gun fanatic like most of you i live in southern utah and i am completly surounded by blm my nearest neighbor is 11 miles so i shoot every day i love when i want to test my reloads i just walk out and shoot, im on these forums for all the good info so thank you every one for the information plus its good to know there are other poeple like me out there with how much gun rights are getting assulted these days,i also have been getting into bullet casting lately and reload about ten diffrent rounds and wish i had more guns so i could do more. nice to meet you all.

Hello

I am new here, been looking through the forums for a while. Mostly I look for answers and ask few questions.
I am 36, I grew up shooting .303 brits (my first rifle) and .44 Pythons and Redhawks which explains my tastes in firearms.
I am married, 10 years, and have 4 kids, 9, 7, 3, & 11 mo's. I live in Southeastern South Dakota in the country and have my own, small, plinking/skeet range.
I own an 870 Express Super Magnum, a Yugo SKS, a Mossberg Model 342 .22.
I have a CCW but do not carry: 1. I haven't found a pistol I like yet, 2. I drive through Iowa, Nebraska, and the Omaha Reservation on my way to work, hence too many hassles to carry to and from work.
I teach math at a community college and am getting my Doc in Adult Higher Ed.
I like, and appreciate, milsurp rifles etc... enough that I am considering a C&R FFL in the near future.
My future plans include pistols in .40 semi-auto and .44 wheelgun, a boomstick along the lines of a mossberg 500, and rifles: mausers, springfields, enfields, of the .30 and 7.56 variety, of course I would not turn down a nice deal on a .300 Mag either.

If you haven't noticed yet, I am a bit long winded and don't plan on changing :D.
Ideologically I am Libertarian.
I enjoy older full size jeeps, chainsaws and cutting firewood for the furnace and fireplace, lawn tractors and implements, target & skeet shooting, and spending time with my wife and children.

One of these days I will take my uncle up on a hunting trip for deer, elk, and maybe bear.

Hello Everyon

Thought this was the best website with "serious" shooter, meaning when you have alot of people who have screennames from Sci-Fi movies or something, it makes you wonder. (I am a big Star Wars fan). Not trying to pick on people, need to have fun doing this, so I guess screennames should be fun. Most of what I have read is great, and seems everyone is very knowledgeable. Looking forwards to blogs and info.

Question #1 for the day: Reloading. When I see the cookbooks for reloading, for example, .223 I see different grains for different bullets from different makers. Ex. .223 (55 grains) from Barnes, and if you use H335, it'll say for a minimum load, you only need 23 grains. But for another bullet, same grain, it'll say to use 23.5. Along with that, they'll specify a certain brass maker, i.e. Remington or another. I thought if the grain for a caliber is the same, then you are safe to use the H335 minimum for most loads and the maker of the brass should not be an issue?? Hope I didn't conuse anyone.

Anyone have any load info for Lake City brass .223? Thanks Guys and Galls!!!

Last edited:
Hello all. New forum member here. Have enjoyed reading posts for a while and recently decided to join. I'm 55 years young and have been shooting since I was 12.
I'm a Vietnam veteran and have 18 years experience in law enforcement, security management and corporate investigations. Have owned S&W revolvers and semi-autos, H&Ks, SIGS, Colt 1911s, and now carry a Kahr PM9 or a FNP 40 depending on the job requirements and the weather/clothing.
Hope to learn and few things and offer anything I can.
Good luck to you all and God bless our troops!
Keech

Hello

Hello to all. My name is Rian. I've been reading the forum for some time now and figure it's time to say hello. I've learned alot from you all and appreciate the information.

hi everybody. new to the site. my name is brian. been shooting since i could hold a gun, but still considered very young "25" with alot of learning to do. ive been reloading now for about 6 years, but like said i have alot to learn. hopefully i can get some help on this site for some questions i may come across.

Im mike from austin tx (librel mecca of the midwest) althou i will say as librel as austin is the librels here even like there guns. Im 30 years old and am a supervisor for a security company here in austin. I am currently trying to get on with the texas dept of criminal justice to be a corrections officer.
I own a few guns and am always trying to convice my wife to let me buy more (she keeps tellin me that rent is more important then guns and i dont know why) I was active in demolay when i was younger (if you dont know dont ask) been in and out if the army and try to go target shooting as often as possible

Great to meet you all....

Hello everyone. I've been lurking for about 2 months now, decided it was time to join.

I'm 40 years old and married with three kids, 15, 13, and 9. Started bowhunting at 13, and got into guns shortly thereafter. I have several rifles, shotguns, and handguns, but rarely hunt with them, I just prefer bowhunting. I signed up for a CCW class and started poking around here to find a pistol that I could carry, the Anaconda and Buckmark I already had aren't exactly carry guns. With info from you guys and other forums, I looked at a lot of guns, mostly new. Although I found a bunch that I really liked, I found a used SW 3913 for a price I could not pass up. Bought a case of 9mm, 5 mags, and a Desantis holster also. Class is coming up in about 3 weeks, and I'm heading to the range tomorrow morning to shoot the SW for the first time. And I'm already eyeing a couple other pistols... :D

Looking forward to joining the conversations.

Dennis

New to the Fourm

Hi My name is Bill Wilson Or PD Bill and I'm new to the fourm. I got on the the Fourm when I was looking for information on a EAA Witness Match.
By the way great information and I bought the gun. I've been shooting for over 20 years and got my wife itto IDPA. she shoots a S&W M&P 9mm. Well that it. I live in Texas and can't wait to here from you all.

Bill :)

Back