New LCRx 22lr 3 inch

I handled one at my LGS a couple weeks ago. From what I've read I picked it up expecting the trigger to be awful. I was pleasantly surprised. It was about 3 pounds heavier than my 38+p and very smooth. Maybe there's a lot of variation from one to the other but the one I handled had such a nice trigger (for a 22) I almost bought it then and there.

The reviewer mentions that his model of the LCRx had a "18 to 20 pound" trigger pull in double action. Does this sound like BS to anyone? I've never heard of any DA .22 revolver having such a heavy trigger pull.
The DA trigger on a small .22LR revolver can be pretty stiff. The small size means less leverage, and the rimfire cartridge means a fairly energetic hammer strike is required for reliable ignition. The two requirements can combine to make for a heavy DA trigger.

But 18 to 20lbs sounds really high to me.

My SP101 .22LR revolver had a DA trigger pull weight that might have reached as high as 17lbs. It's difficult to measure pull weights that high accurately and my records indicate that I measured it as being 15-17lbs out of the box. After some smoothing/polishing here and there and a good bit of dryfire and shooting, it's down to about 13.5lbs with no changes to any springs.

Supposedly the LCR has a pretty impressive DA trigger design that makes it lighter than is typical for other guns of its ilk, so I would expect it to be better than the SP101, not worse.

This review indicates that it was off his 12lbs trigger pull scale but he would have guessed it was about 10lbs based on the feel.
https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2017/5/23/tested-ruger-lcrx-3-inch-barrel-22-revolver/

A trusty Lyman's digital trigger gauge says the double-action trigger pull of the gun reviewed is somewhere over 12 lbs. (which is as high as the gauge goes). But based on how the trigger feels, I would have guessed it was more like 10 lbs.

Mixed feelings. I had the original LCR-22 and sold it. The DAO trigger was stiff and wonky. Inherent accuracy was pretty good, but practical accuracy was a real challenge.

A SA/DA 3" with adjustable sights is a different animal, and should be a fine choice as a kit gun, especially for the price. The LCR is lightweight and rugged. The industrial design of the LCR makes it not really collectable or thing of beauty, and that's a good thing for a knock-around kit gun. You can drop the LCR on some rocks and it won't ruin your day. It might not even leave a mark.

I picked mine up 2 weeks ago. Got it to the range this past weekend. First thing I noticed is it sounds like a baby rattle when you shake it due to the transfer bar. The gun shot about 12 inches high at 25 feet with CCI standards. Several adjustments of the rear sight got it right. Trigger is somewhat gritty. It's definitely lighter and balances better than the SP101 I got rid of. It checks all of the boxes of what I wanted for a 22 revolver. Paid $429 + tax for it.

Back