New LCRx 22lr 3 inch

For you guys with much more knowledge than me: Will this have the same DA pull and weight as the regular non exposed 22 LCR ? Or will it be different and why?

For you guys with much more knowledge than me: Will this have the same DA pull and weight as the regular non exposed 22 LCR ? Or will it be different and why?
Given that the hammer is exposed, it gives the hammer a greater distance to fall to strike the primer. As such, I presume that the spring will be lighter or exactly the same and the DA pull will be no worse than the DAO model, with a good potential it will be slightly better.

If not, you have the SA pull.

I'd take this over the 317 any day. Based on handling the .38 special version, I'd want different grips. I wonder how this would feel with the regular LCR grips...

I wish they would make one of these in .22Mag--maybe with another inch of barrel length. I think it would be just about the perfect home-defense weapon for someone with health issues which affect hand-strength and recoil tolerance.
...although I'd have been happier with a 6 round cylinder instead of 8.
That was not one of the comments I expected to read... Is this merely a personal preference for numbers divisible by 3 over those divisible by 4 or is there some reason that lower capacity is preferable? :D

I wish they would make one of these in .22Mag--maybe with another inch of barrel length. I think it would be just about the perfect home-defense weapon for someone with health issues which affect hand-strength and recoil tolerance.
In .327... loaded with .32 S&W Long... would be better... more reliable... less muzzle flash and blast... same recoil.

I like the form factor, but if the trigger is the same as my wife's .22LR LCR, I'm going to pass; that thing has the heaviest DA trigger I've felt on a modern firearm. Nearly impossible to shoot well.

Larry

The exposed hammer and adjustable sights make it well suited to single action fire... the critters might wish for something else. :D

This looks like exactly what I have been wanting! I've been looking for a kit gun to live in the front pouch of the bag that came with my 10-22 TD. I had considered the SP 101 4", but it is just so heavy for what it is. Now I can keep it light and still have my 10-22's sidekick be another Ruger. :D

I have been wanting this for a while. Would probably rather have a 2" version but this will work. Now to save up the pennies for it.

Ugly yes, but I plan on picking one up. They are showing up with a street price of ~$440 at online retailers. Compared to the S&W 317 street price of ~$575...that's some extra 22 ammo, a holster and a speedloader or two difference.

^ Uh oh. Someone sounds like a butthurt S&W 317 Kit Gun fanboy.

Which is what this LCRx .22 is in direct competition with for $150 less and includes a steel cylinder instead of aluminum.

Back