New LCRx 22lr 3 inch

I imagine once the SP101 has been out long enough the prospect of cannibalizing sales diminishes.

Ruger is in the gun business. it was a logical step. They've been introducing new calibers, barrel lengths, or LCRx options at the rate of a couple per year. Ruger does a good job of coming out with new and interesting ways to keep a product line relevant.

My biggest hurdle is the price. I'm waiting for the new Colt Cobra to come out and it's MSRP is only $120 more.

Yeah, looks like they weren't ready to admit to it when I asked about it at SHOT back in Jan., but this is one I'll have to own, although I'd have been happier with a 6 round cylinder instead of 8.

5435.jpg

That's funny, I was on their site last week thinking it was about time they did the LCRX in 22. I'm gonna go look through my big coffee can of loose change. :D

Good thing they did not cut the barrel to make it a half lug, needs all the weight it can get to keep the barrel down...lol.

Why cant I get an LCRX in 327!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

FYq7M.gif%20

I've been waiting for this for a long time, I knew Ruger wouldn't let me down!

Here I was thinking that my latest purchase about 2 weeks ago was going to be the last gun I buy for the year, but Ruger finally came out with the greatest "kit gun" that has ever existed.

I'm buying this... ASAP. Although, I think a 4 inch barrel would be better with the longer sight radius making the gun easier to hit with. I doubt Ruger would build such a gun on the LCR frame.

Well, I hope the .327 is next for the LCRx and in that, I think the 3 inch barrel is best as it's still small enough for concealed carry, whilst being large enough for a "kit gun" role or for open carrying out in the woods.

I like my 3" .38 so much, the .22 is just the perfect companion piece, perfect for dropping in a pocket when heading for "the widls of..." :D

Ugly? Well Krylon Fusion comes in lots of colors! :eek:

This is excellent news. This is a revolver that Ruger has needed to make for a long time. Its light, has good capacity, has single action capability, and adjustable sights. I will be buying one.

^ IDK, probably. Me thinks that with the second 3 inch LCRx being released 3 yrs after the .38 model that Ruger is now really considering getting behind that product line. The only issue with the .327 is that it will require the steel, not aluminum and of course, that means the .357 will come before the .327 due to .357's popularity.

I'd say because there is currently no steel framed 3 inch LCRx atm, it's going to be another year before the .357 comes out and then it'll be another year after that before .327 hits the market.

And of course, Ruger's going to continue adding to the 2 inch LCRx line. .327, .22 LR/Mag, and 9mm have yet to be made in those snubbies.

This is very good news. It was on my wish list and hoping Ruger would make one in 22LR. Here I thought the M63 Smith was the last 22 revolver I was going to buy.... Oh well.

Back