New in box Winchester 94 shoot or not?

Once upon a time there was talk of Winchester going bankrupt and it was not known if there would be anymore 'Winchester Repeating Arms." I bought a model 94 at that time and never shot it, not being a hunter and living in a state that only allowed shotguns for deer which would be the only game to hunt with it. I didn't get a box with it, but it still had the price tag on it. $159 at Target.

30 some years later, I don't think being unfired would add more than $50 to its value to anyone else. It got stolen 2 years ago. I would love to get it back, but could not attest to it being unfired anymore.

Would it make more difference if Winchester ( or their successor ) had ceased to exist or had moved production at that time out of the country? Could be. I probably would have kept it I fired for another 20 years.

I say keep it another 40 years and see what the future brings. There are others to shoot.

Its like owning a home. We are just care takers for the next home owner. The gun will out live you and someone will shoot it. Besides its already been shot by Winchester with hot proof loads. Save the box and all papers if you ever deside to sell it. I own a lot of 94' and a 1894 bb 375 and i do shoot it.

Back