New Henry tactical lever action

In todays plastic/tac-rail/picatinny whatchamacallit, I also don't believe levers are tactical whatsoever.

BUT! I also recall articles written by Viet Nam vets who saw .444 Marlin's used in CQ combat in the jungle. A hard hitting round is hard hitting no matter what it comes out of. Rate of fire is another thing but honestly, WHO needs a high rate of fire for sustained periods of time as a civilian? Which also begs the question, how many people who would rely on these for home defense will practice enough with expensive ammo to become second nature proficient with them in the dark and know an adrenaline dump won't interfere with motor skills? <1%??

Its the Honda Fury of firearms. Honda brought that bike out about the time Orange County Choppers was cancelled and the whole chopper craze was ending. Welcome to the party but everyone is leaving.

It thrills me to see us on the other side of the tacti-cool craze. I was finally able to replace my HBAR for half what they were going for a year ago.

I'm eager to see what the next craze is, hope its more cheap plastic guns so the stuff I want stays cheap.

In todays plastic/tac-rail/picatinny whatchamacallit, I also don't believe levers are tactical whatsoever.

BUT! I also recall articles written by Viet Nam vets who saw .444 Marlin's used in CQ combat in the jungle. A hard hitting round is hard hitting no matter what it comes out of. Rate of fire is another thing but honestly, WHO needs a high rate of fire for sustained periods of time as a civilian? Which also begs the question, how many people who would rely on these for home defense will practice enough with expensive ammo to become second nature proficient with them in the dark and know an adrenaline dump won't interfere with motor skills? <1%??

Its the Honda Fury of firearms. Honda brought that bike out about the time Orange County Choppers was cancelled and the whole chopper craze was ending. Welcome to the party but everyone is leaving.

It thrills me to see us on the other side of the tacti-cool craze. I was finally able to replace my HBAR for half what they were going for a year ago.

I'm eager to see what the next craze is, hope its more cheap plastic guns so the stuff I want stays cheap.

Fully agree. Some people are more comfortable with something a little more primitive then a gas operated weapon and that’s totally cool. This rifle could also be used as simply a guide/hunting rifle especially with the hard-hitting 45-70 round.

I have an American made Winchester home defender 12 gauge shotgun that I bought used for about $300 and it works perfect for going out and shooting sporting clays even with it’s short barrel… So much for an expensive long barrel shotgun for clays.

I think the Henry X gun is a very nice option for someone who doesn’t want several different guns but is looking for something to do double duty with. This rifle is excellent for hunting and for someone who also likes to backpack out into bear country and of course for home defense. Some people don’t have the luxury to own many different firearms and this Henry X would be a nice option for them.

d4a742da-09b0-4e90-a338-fca181b79666.jpeg

My only experience with the Henry brand was when they loaned several .22s for a local youth shooting program. I was impressed with the actions, definitely not clunky but very smooth. Fit and finish excellent, accuracy also.

I have a couple Winchester 94s and several pre-Remington Marlins in calibers from .22 to .38-55. What I've seen of Henrys, they are on a par with the guns I own.

I can think of nothing as useful as a Tactical 45/70 Lever Action unless it be a screen door on a submarine.

Henery produces great products. But I just can't warm up to a "tactical" lever gun. I don't even care for a scope on one. Just takes away from the classic look.

strokes

Different strokes for different folks, ........if you like these tac levers, if you like Henry's ( I like their .22's), all good and well.

But the centerfires and the tac model leave me cold. And Mossberg's tac lever really cold.

Back